USB Hard Drive Failure

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mrpuppt, May 10, 2010.

1. mrpuppt
    OP

mrpuppt Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Greetz...

I've searched the site, but thus far, I've not found an issue quite like mine. If there is, I appologize for the duplicate post. Also, as this related to the USB functions of the Wii, I thought it might best fit this section of the board.

Anywho, I was trying to get a game to load via USB Loader GX (Monster Hunter Tri) when I got the standard black screen with the buzz/hum after you get to the main start game screen. I reset my Wii, but in the process forgot about resetting my usb drive. (I usually turn the drive off and back on when a game locks up) I turn the Wii back on, then start USB Loader GX again as normal, but now it can't read the contents of the drive. I then hook the drive to my pc, and use WBFS manager and Wii Backup Manager - both won't read the drive. Wii Backup Manager even says "Unuseable, Unknown File System". "0 Megs Free 0 Megs used" It's a 500 gig external, with 10 gigs partitioned as Fat32 for APPS. The Fat32 appears to be ok.

So, my question(s) - did my stupidity in not resetting the drive before I loaded USB Loader GX cause my problem? If not, any clue what did? More important I suppose, what about the game files? Is there any way I can fix this issue? Or did I somehow magically erase or corrupt all the data on that part of the drive?

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this for me... I'm at a loss.

2. BadAssDoom

BadAssDoom Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2008
    United States
    The same thing happened to me today, have you found a way to resolve this issue?

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    heres a start. It sounds like in the process, somehow the PARTITION (or all of them *shrug*) got deleted. Now I know there are free partition recovery tools for ntfs/fat/fat32, but Im not sure if they would also recover a wbfs partition.

just my .02 worth

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice