Hacking "USB device not recognized"

Konsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to use TegraRcmGui to inject my payload, it keeps saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." And has never done this before. This is my own switch and I've had no notification like this until today. I don't know what's wrong. Help? (Also my grammar isn't very good and if this has already been discussed, please send me a link. Thanks!)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to use TegraRcmGui to inject my payload, it keeps saying "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." And has never done this before. This is my own switch and I've had no notification like this until today. I don't know what's wrong. Help? (Also my grammar isn't very good and if this has already been discussed, please send me a link. Thanks!)
Try a different USB cable

Reactions: binkinator

Fawfulthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this exact issue right now. The difference is, I have tried every single cable I can find in my apartment. They still work when used to connect my phone, I can even browse files then. But all of them either don't get any acknowledgement from my PC or say it's not recognized, when hooked to my Switch.

I know my Switch is in RCM mode because I briefly got confirmation of that the first time, it said it recognized an RCM device but the driver wasn't installed (even though I have used the program before so idk what that was about). I installed the driver and then tried to send the payload, but the program hung. I killed it and tried again. After that it just stopped noticing my Switch entirely and has been that way since, with all cords. From everything I've read online I'm led to believe I somehow fried the USB-C port on my Switch. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. But idk what else it could be, I refuse to believe ALL my cords suddenly stopped working at the same time, specifically just for a Switch, while remaining entirely functional for transferring files to and from my phone.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm having this exact issue right now. The difference is, I have tried every single cable I can find in my apartment. They still work when used to connect my phone, I can even browse files then. But all of them either don't get any acknowledgement from my PC or say it's not recognized, when hooked to my Switch.

I know my Switch is in RCM mode because I briefly got confirmation of that the first time, it said it recognized an RCM device but the driver wasn't installed (even though I have used the program before so idk what that was about). I installed the driver and then tried to send the payload, but the program hung. I killed it and tried again. After that it just stopped noticing my Switch entirely and has been that way since, with all cords. From everything I've read online I'm led to believe I somehow fried the USB-C port on my Switch. I really REALLY hope that isn't the case. But idk what else it could be, I refuse to believe ALL my cords suddenly stopped working at the same time, specifically just for a Switch, while remaining entirely functional for transferring files to and from my phone.
Necrobumping a 3 years old thread, will give you no answer.

please use the search bar at top of page, there are several threads about this.

Also https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/ is the best starting point.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1