Homebrew USB Controls for Snes9xGx or other emulators

conemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was searching to see if any USB controllers (like retrolink, or SNES converters) could be used on the Wii with homebrew emulators. Most of the topics were asked back in 2011, when it was concluded "not impossible, but very hard". 2 years later, are there any drivers or emulators that would support any USB controls, or at least map them to Gamecube buttons instead?

conemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guy made something that allows you to play snes emulator with a ps3 controller. There's only support for snes but hopefully some one comes along and uses this for some other emulator.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/libsicksaxis-connect-sixaxis-ds3-to-the-wii.339191/

Are only Dualshock and Bluetooth options available? Because all the controllers I have run USB, and I was thinking maybe some basic coding or mapping could fool the emulator into thinking I'm using a Classic Controller when I'm really using an SNES with a converter.
I just want to play stuff on my TV dammit!

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are only Dualshock and Bluetooth options available? Because all the controllers I have run USB, and I was thinking maybe some basic coding or mapping could fool the emulator into thinking I'm using a Classic Controller when I'm really using an SNES with a converter.
I just want to play stuff on my TV dammit!
Well because he is not a person who actually made the emulator the only thing he could do was connect the controller though USB port but its not like there's an option menu.have only tested this with a ps3 controller because that's what it was made for but I don't think any other controllers work.

conemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well because he is not a person who actually made the emulator the only thing he could do was connect the controller though USB port but its not like there's an option menu.have only tested this with a ps3 controller because that's what it was made for but I don't think any other controllers work.

Aw, that sucks. Thanks for the help anyway!

conemen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of controller do you use with the converter anyway.

I have three controllers, a Retrolink NES one, a Retrolink SNES one, and an SNES controller going through a USB converter. They all have USB ends, so I figured I could plug them in my Wii and run some emulators, hoping it would work (of course it didn't).

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry that I couldn't help but also the only other thing I could think of is a USB to GCN converter to plug into a controller slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1