Hacking USB compatability - help improve CIOS usb support

gibbed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, if you have time, I would like you to do a few things to help improve USB support in kwiirk's CIOS usb2.

On the Homebrew Browser is an application called "lsusb" under the Utilities category.

What'd I'd like you to do is run this application.[*]Install lsusb.[*]Ensure your USB harddrive / thumbdrive, etc, is plugged in to your Wii.[*]Run lsusb.[*]It should show a list of USB devices, for each one press A to select it and display its information, then press A again to save that information to your SD card.[*]On the root of your SD card will be files named in the ####_####.txt format.[*]Upload a ZIP of those files somewhere or use http://www.privatepaste.com/ to paste it and link it in a reply to this thread.[*]Mention in your reply whether the USB Loader currently detects your USB drive.Thanks.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Metroid Prime Curruption backed from an ORIGINAL disk to the drive will boot but keep saying "insert the disk" after a few seconds of being booted as if it cannot be read...red steel from a backup will not work either house of the dead overkill works but stops reading over time and causes a MEM DUMP CRASH SCREEN after it is not readable...weird this only happens AFTER trying to install red steel from a backup BTW my house of the dead is IOS249 patched

Western Digital Book 350 gigs formated in fat32 then SPLIT an existing partition using nortons partition magic.. into 2 ...finally formated the first 70 gig partition with the usb loader 1.o application via the homebrew channel...

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Metroid Prime Curruption backed from an ORIGINAL disk to the drive will boot but keep saying "insert the disk" after a few seconds of being booted as if it cannot be read...red steel from a backup will not work either house of the dead overkill works but stops reading over time and causes a MEM DUMP CRASH SCREEN after it is not readable...weird this only happens AFTER trying to install red steel from a backup BTW my house of the dead is IOS249 patched

Wrong thread for that buddy, this is to improve USB HDD's that don't currently work.

ATM anygame that is patched to IOS249 will code dump or green screen when taht IOS is called, there is no current solution.

For metroid prime 3, insert any disc you have laying around......go on try it.............any at all
wink.gif

FoxMcClaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cant be bothered to install this programm, but:
THIS WORKS
Western Digital WDME3200TE 320GB 2,5 Zoll externe Festplatte USB 2.0 My Passport Essential
2 Primary Partitions (made with XP)
1. about 80GB notformated
2. about 200 GB WBFS
Not a problem with Original/DVD-R and HDD dumps, work perfectly!

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
FoxMcClaud said:
cant be bothered to install this programm, but:
THIS WORKS
Western Digital WDME3200TE 320GB 2,5 Zoll externe Festplatte USB 2.0 My Passport Essential
2 Primary Partitions (made with XP)
1. about 80GB notformated
2. about 200 GB WBFS
Not a problem with Original/DVD-R and HDD dumps, work perfectly!
Great. Thanks for adding nothing of value to this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a massive clue