Gaming US/UM Help Thread

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's also quite possible that pokemons from rare wormholes have higher shiny rate (got a shiny altaria yesterday)
No they don't. It's been verified that all mons in the wormholes have 1/4096 chance to be shiny. Only thing is that regular mons are determined shiny or not when entering the area (so you can soft reset for IVs) while legendaries and UBs are determined shiny or not when the battle actually starts.

Priw8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No they don't. It's been verified that all mons in the wormholes have 1/4096 chance to be shiny. Only thing is that regular mons are determined shiny or not when entering the area (so you can soft reset for IVs) while legendaries and UBs are determined shiny or not when the battle actually starts.
Oh, so I just got lucky for once

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Oh, so I just got lucky for once
Yup. To go in more detail for whoever's interested:

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Priw8

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeraora in OU? That's quite a funny joke!:P 88/112/75/102/80/143 base stat spread and learns boosting moves like Hone Claws along with Drain Punch, Thunder/Fire Punch, Knock Off, Outrage, Superpower, Throat Chop, Snatch, etc. and has Volt Absorb for safe switch-ins. If that's not Ubers, I don't know what is! If Zeraora is OU, then Greninja, Mega Salamence and regular/mega Blaziken should be Ubers either...

Maybe if it was Electric/Fighting? Pure Electric hinders it from STAB on all those Fighting moves. I don't know, I would like to learn how useful Plasma Fists is, because most of those moves listed, obvious Ubers tier Marshadow can learn, but it earns Ubers status mainly on Spectral Thief being deadly and its own Z-crystal. Mega Metagross can take a move from it and OHKO/2HKO with Earthquake, Groudon walls it, Mega Mence after Dragon Dance maybe, Arceus-Ground can shake it off (if it had Ice Punch, it'd be trouble), Deoxys-A can OHKO with Psycho Boost I think, Choice Scarf Timid Tapu Lele with Psychic Terrain boosted Psychic can destroy it. If it's Ubers, it would be barely banned OU level like I don't know, Mega Lucario? Sadly have to wait for October 2018 for this mythical to be released (in the US, Japan will get it in July, seems like tradition).

Anyways, I do have a question, HA Oranguru/Passimian are obtainable in these games? Lugia/Ho-Oh don't have their HAs?

Last edited by RustInPeace,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Maybe if it was Electric/Fighting? Pure Electric hinders it from STAB on all those Fighting moves. I don't know, I would like to learn how useful Plasma Fists is, because most of those moves listed, obvious Ubers tier Marshadow can learn, but it earns Ubers status mainly on Spectral Thief being deadly and its own Z-crystal. Mega Metagross can take a move from it and OHKO/2HKO with Earthquake, Groudon walls it, Mega Mence after Dragon Dance maybe, Arceus-Ground can shake it off (if it had Ice Punch, it'd be trouble), Deoxys-A can OHKO with Psycho Boost I think, Choice Scarf Timid Tapu Lele with Psychic Terrain boosted Psychic can destroy it. If it's Ubers, it would be barely banned OU level like I don't know, Mega Lucario? Sadly have to wait for October 2018 for this mythical to be released (in the US, Japan will get it in July, seems like tradition).

Anyways, I do have a question, HA Oranguru/Passimian are obtainable in these games? Lugia/Ho-Oh don't have their HAs?
Let's see now... Plasma Fists has 95 base power I think, which is very good. If it gets just one turn free, it can use Hone Claws for a considerate damage boost, at which point it can hit very hard. It already outspeeds mega Metagross and the common Ubers mega Metagross doesn't even have EQ while getting 2-hit KOed with a supereffective move. If Zeraora learns EQ too (TM), then it can hit Primal Groudon too if needed (although you will want to switch out). Also, what DOESN'T get walled by Primal Groudon?:P Mega Salamence will need to set up against something that can potentially have Outrage, which isn't something a lot of people will try. Arceus-Ground and Tapu Lele are pretty much the only things that can effectively deal with it. Deoxys-A can too, but then it has the Psycho Boost stat drop to worry about and Zeraora may even be able to have Focus Sash to avoid a major hit. Not saying it's broken and deserves to go almost to AG, just saying it's too strong for OU. MANY things are weaker in Ubers if you think about it! Also, just because 3-4 mons can deal with it out of the entire tier, doesn't mean it's bad. How many things don't have trouble with at least one of Primal Groudon, Deoxys-A or Tapu Lele? Like half the tier gets destroyed by them.:P

Haven't found any legendary wormholes yet how rare are they
A fair bit, just make sure you are done with the story first though or they won't show up!

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Let's see now... Plasma Fists has 95 base power I think, which is very good. If it gets just one turn free, it can use Hone Claws for a considerate damage boost, at which point it can hit very hard. It already outspeeds mega Metagross and the common Ubers mega Metagross doesn't even have EQ while getting 2-hit KOed with a supereffective move. If Zeraora learns EQ too (TM), then it can hit Primal Groudon too if needed (although you will want to switch out). Also, what DOESN'T get walled by Primal Groudon?:P Mega Salamence will need to set up against something that can potentially have Outrage, which isn't something a lot of people will try. Arceus-Ground and Tapu Lele are pretty much the only things that can effectively deal with it. Deoxys-A can too, but then it has the Psycho Boost stat drop to worry about and Zeraora may even be able to have Focus Sash to avoid a major hit. Not saying it's broken and deserves to go almost to AG, just saying it's too strong for OU. MANY things are weaker in Ubers if you think about it! Also, just because 3-4 mons can deal with it out of the entire tier, doesn't mean it's bad. How many things don't have trouble with at least one of Primal Groudon, Deoxys-A or Tapu Lele? Like half the tier gets destroyed by them.:P

A fair bit, just make sure you are done with the story first though or they won't show up!
do you have to complete rainbow rocket i haven't finshed that yet.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, just because 3-4 mons can deal with it out of the entire tier, doesn't mean it's bad.

I didn't say it's bad, it looks cool, great movepool, I'm just not sure of Ubers status. Maybe like Pheromosa, starts out OU and then its strengths come to fruition and it gets banned to Ubers. I'd also throw in Defensive Yveltal with Sucker Punch and Foul Play can probably take it out. It should've been given Ice Punch, while I'm at it, I wish Magearna got Stealth Rock.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't say it's bad, it looks cool, great movepool, I'm just not sure of Ubers status. Maybe like Pheromosa, starts out OU and then its strengths come to fruition and it gets banned to Ubers. I'd also throw in Defensive Yveltal with Sucker Punch and Foul Play can probably take it out. It should've been given Ice Punch, while I'm at it, I wish Magearna got Stealth Rock.
I kinda can see what you are saying, but then again, Pheromosa isn't that strong, yet it's in Ubers despite being killed with a Tackle:P Defensive Yveltal can beat Zeraora one-on-one, but can't switch in to it or it gets 55-60% damage upon switch-in. I agree with the Ice Punch though, but then it would really deserve Uber status if it had access to that too on top of everything else. Also, yes, Magearna should have gotten something like Stealth Rocks or any good support move... My biggest complain though is that we didn't get Avalanche move tutor! I want to use my real team for online competitions but I can't because Aggron only gets Avalanche in gen 4 and transfer mons aren't allowed in the important competitions!:angry: I normally use a max defense/max HP Rest/Sleep Talk Aggron with Curse and Iron Head and that thing is crazy strong if it sets up!

do you have to complete rainbow rocket i haven't finshed that yet.
Pretty sure you do for legendaries, but not for UBs.

Reactions: RustInPeace

Nerakami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, idk if i can post my question here but :
Anyone know if it's possible to randomize US/UM ? I've tried but i'm missing something for sure

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey, idk if i can post my question here but :
Anyone know if it's possible to randomize US/UM ? I've tried but i'm missing something for sure
It is possible to randomize it, but only for like half the things. Pk3DS hasn't been updated for full support yet, wait half a month and then get the latest build.

@RustInPeace I need a little help with PKHeX since I'm having trouble and want to gen some stuff. PKSM doesn't support US/UM at this point so I don't have any choice but I haven't used PKHeX since gen 5... I downloaded the 4119 build, but when I load it and look around, I can't find any of the new mons to gen (eg: Zeraora/Poipole), only find ones up to Sun/Moon. Can you tell me how to set it up right since, apparently, simply extracting the package doesn't work? I downloaded the basic build and core.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@RustInPeace I need a little help with PKHeX since I'm having trouble and want to gen some stuff. PKSM doesn't support US/UM at this point so I don't have any choice but I haven't used PKHeX since gen 5... I downloaded the 4119 build, but when I load it and look around, I can't find any of the new mons to gen (eg: Zeraora/Poipole), only find ones up to Sun/Moon. Can you tell me how to set it up right since, apparently, simply extracting the package doesn't work? I downloaded the basic build and core.

https://teamcity.projectpokemon.org/overview.html

Click "Login as guest" and find "Save Editors," Build - Windows if running Windows, "master" and click "Artifacts."

5fhvGeo.jpg

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You need to first open an USUM save. I played around this morning, see?

AKCkpM7.jpg
I see... I was just looking at the available stuff without loading the save, my fault. Is everything allowed editable or are there stuff not supported yet? I know about the Pokedex setting corrupting the save, but can you explain how to prevent that? Also, I heard some people got corrupted saves with JKSM, is that true? I don't really like Checkpoint... Thanks for the help btw!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see... I was just looking at the available stuff without loading the save, my fault. Is everything allowed editable or are there stuff not supported yet? I know about the Pokedex setting corrupting the save, but can you explain how to prevent that? Also, I heard some people got corrupted saves with JKSM, is that true? I don't really like Checkpoint... Thanks for the help btw!

Go to Options>Set to SAV>Modify Pokedex and make sure it's unchecked. All I did was edit in Zeraora and Ultra Necrozma, I didn't really play around with other stuff. Checkpoint worked completely fine with me, I've abandoned JKSM.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi guys. I plan to use PkHex when I get Ultra Sun this Friday. Thing is, I have heard about save corruption? Is it only with PkHex, JKSM, or both? I prefer to use JKSM for save export/import as that is what I used for original Pokemon Sun/Moon. I am worried about the save corruption though. Someone earlier said to delete the secure value. Am confused about when and how to delete secure value... Is it before export, or just needed to be done before import save back into game? Clarification requested on all of this :)

Last edited by Skeet1983,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Go to Options>Set to SAV>Modify Pokedex and make sure it's unchecked. All I did was edit in Zeraora and Ultra Necrozma, I didn't really play around with other stuff. Checkpoint worked completely fine with me, I've abandoned JKSM.
I want to gen Synchronize Alakazams for each nature to make catching legendaries/UBs with the nature I want much easier for the most part, but I also want to get tons of some items like Bottle Caps, Rare Candies (to level stuff up to evolve for the dex), Rotom Powers (HP power is infinitely better than potions and catch rate one makes catching stuff a joke) and Masterballs. Perhaps Poke Beans too...

Btw, anyone knows where the last stickers are? I got 94 so far and I think there are 100 total, so I'm missing 6. I have gone back to get those that needed the fishing rod and have gotten the one at the battle tree, but where could the rest be? I doubt there are any in Aether, so I don't know... I made sure to look everywhere when going through each area in the playthrough!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo