us saves to pal

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by huubinator, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010

us saves to pal by huubinator at 7:43 PM (1,503 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. huubinator

Newcomer huubinator Newbie

Aug 18, 2010
    i want to play my fire emblem: radiant dawn ntsc savefile i recieved from a friend on my pal wii

i do not have hombrew applications on my wii and did all the updates there are until now so i want to know if there is any way i can convert it while it is still on my computer

please help and thanks anyway
  2. Gaz777

Member Gaz777 Member

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I believe it's possible to do although I do not have the game to test.

Using WiiCrazy's FE100 Savefile unpacker/packer,
    I know it is possible to unpack both save files using the keys 'FE100KeyGrabber' gets from the internet,
    at this point it's probably possible to swap the save data from the ntsc save data to the pal save folder.

The problem you would face would be packing the save again as 'FE100KeyGrabber' requires either a xyzzy key dump or nand backup to get the last key.

I think someone with all the keys should be able to unpack then transfer the data then repack the pal save for you.
    At this point the new save *should* work, but it still may not and if it doesn't I don't think there's much else that can be done.

I am willing to try this for you, but you will need to send me the ntsc save and a pal save for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

I'm not sure if sharing save files is allowed but I don't see why not.

Also if this doesn't work and just ends in a corrupt save, I don't think it'll do any damage to your Wii, but again I could be wrong.

Anybody else want to let me know if they think this can work? and can a 'bad' save damage a Wii?