Hacking Urgh, feel like a noob. but need to ask

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i was reading over the compatibility list for games, and think i found out why my brawl would never work.
It said i need to update with it, and/or do something roundabout.

So i have a quick question, and apologies if it's been asked before, but I've had very bad luck with updating through a game before(fire emblem ntsc-u update on my ntscJ wii had me bricked for 3 months before i got a burner, was intending on just using legit games)

Would updating via ntsc-J brawl, or rather, my ntsc-J Azumi+(Wii)[080131] Super Smash Bros. Brawl X JAP, single layer brawl, brick my wii?

i'm on 3.2j, and wiikey 1.9s.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, or if it's such a noob question, but ive looked around and found NOTHING about it. So either it's such a stupid question, or just never been discussed where google can find. But I'm taking no chances.

So please, would it, or would it not?

I'm mainly asking because it talked about the roundabout way, as in, if people have done that, why did they need/want to?
Was the update harmful?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
there is softmods apps that blocks updates and the need of it to run games so choose one to install and play your game
wink.gif

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
there is softmods apps that blocks updates and the need of it to run games so choose one to install and play your game
wink.gif

See, tried that. Still no good.
All my other wii games (about 30) run just fine, brawl seems to be the only one which doesn't. Well, brawl, and deblob, but i patched it from pal, to ntsc-j. Re-downloading it in ntsc-U

But by telling me to block the update, you saying the update could hurt my wii?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, tried gecko OS, and gamma that is, i think those are what you were talking about.
Both give me a green screen. Even with all force combinations. with vidtv patch, etc.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
isaac52 said:
Well, tried gecko OS, and gamma that is, i think those are what you were talking about.
Both give me a green screen. Even with all force combinations. with vidtv patch, etc.

If you play PAL games patched to NTSC, they might only work with force PAL. And even then you might get problems. If you use Gecko OS or any other launcher it's best NOT to region patch the game, this causes more trouble than it solves. If your tv doesn't support both PAL and NTSC, video mode patches are a good idea for most import games from the other region, but they don't work for all games.

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
isaac52 said:

If you play PAL games patched to NTSC, they might only work with force PAL. And even then you might get problems. If you use Gecko OS or any other launcher it's best NOT to region patch the game, this causes more trouble than it solves. If your tv doesn't support both PAL and NTSC, video mode patches are a good idea for most import games from the other region, but they don't work for all games.

I tried boom blox(original jap) and this brawl(original jap) neither work with Gecko OS. Both with no modications, spare removing the 001 error. But brawl both removing it, and doing absolutely nothing to it.
I suspect it is because im missing IOS21, but wadmanager never lets me install it. it has however let me install the animal crossiong, IOS38 wad.

I've been informed performing an update with a proper nintendo game might give me IOS21, so this is another reason why i want to update with brawl, to help get me able to use gecko OS, and the homebrew channel.

And i tried all sorts of combinations, both pals made my screen either gray, or flicker gray.

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the reason you two are trying to get Gecko OS to work for me, because the update will hurt the wii?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PLEASE just give me a yes or no answer instead of telling me what i can do to get it to work on something else?
I appreciate the help, but that isn't what i asked about.

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, took a chance and updated
IT WORKS!! FINALLY!
but it gives me a white screen if i let the opening go on too long
frown.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
isaac52 said:
alright, took a chance and updated
IT WORKS!! FINALLY!
but it gives me a white screen if i let the opening go on too long
frown.gif
That's because it's the single layer version.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo