Urgent Acekard 2i bricked?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ImNotSkilled, Jul 21, 2012.

Jul 21, 2012
  1. ImNotSkilled
    OP

Member ImNotSkilled The Pokéman

United States
    Ummmm, when I load up the Ak, it goes to the loading and then just a white screen. Is it bricked?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    perhaps, but it is something that is perfectly fixable.

read the guide for unbricking:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader#Unbricking_a_bricked_cart

your issue could also be a contact issue or a corrupt msd card. it is hard to make suggestions without knowing what debug steps you have already tried.

-another world

3. ImNotSkilled
    OP

United States
    When I start the ds, Deep Labryinth comes up, I start it. System file is missing.

4. ImNotSkilled
    OP

United States
    And I am trying to re install the akaio, but i am not allowed to delete the current akaio. when i try to extract the new one, a crap ton off errors pop up.

5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    To delete it, make sure that if you're using a microSD to SD adapter, the lock switch is un the UNLOCKED position (typically closest to the contacts).

To extract it, try extracting to your desktop or another folder first, then try moving the folder to the SD. Again, if your memory card is locked, you won't be able to do that.

If you're not using an adapter, the microSD might be stuffed. My best friend gave me a 16GB microSD that suffered water damage - the card is still readable, but shows as locked, regardless of whether I use a microSD to SD adapter or a microSD reader.

Edit - also, on the card, right click the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds file and make sure that the read only attribute is unchecked for both of them (not checked and not with a square in it)

Edit 2 - ^ if it is, uncheck it, when it asks if you want to apply it only to the current folder or all files and subfolders, choose the all files and subfolders one (or whatever the nearest match to that is)

6. epicdude17

Newcomer epicdude17 Member

United States
    Plasma Dragoon is right, but also if you cannot modify any files on the card your reading device may be broken as well, it has happened to me a few times. ARe you using a USB or SD card adapter? Try a USB one, the SD card adapters have proved very untrustworthy for me.

7. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    yep, if you lock the SB adapter, the microSD could end up in read-only mode. read-only microSDs suck hairy balls. they're almost always untouchable afterwards.