Upgrading from ds lite to dsi

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ioperfect, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010
  1. ioperfect
    OP

Newcomer ioperfect Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi guys sorry if this question sounds a bit silly, I'm planning on purchasing the nintendo dsi for my sisters birthday next week, i was wondering if all the data saved on her acekard from the ds will work on the dsi? Thanks in advance!

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yes, the data stored on the MicroSD will work.

For the Acekard to work, it will need to be an Acekard 2i and not an Acekard 2/2.1. If it's an Acekard 2i, it's likely you will also need to update the firmware. There is a guide to do that in this forum, or you can find it by the link in my signature.

3. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    If it's a acekard 2i yes but you need to flash it. (If you haven't already)

4. dbspanks

Newcomer dbspanks Advanced Member

United States
    Yes it will, If you are using the Ak2i card and not the Ak2, also make sure you have updated the bootstrap for the Ak2i card to support the 1.4 firmware of the Dsi, the guide is part of the noob guide for setting it up. I am waiting for my DsiXL to come on Monday or Tuesday. Have fun.

5. ioperfect
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah sorry I forgot to say its an acekard 2i, is there a specific firmware upgrade for it to work on the dsi then? Also the Pi im not too sure what you meant by flashing it.

6. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Flashing it is the same as updated the firmware I'll edit this post in a min with the update [​IMG]

Edit: Forget it use the guide below.

7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  8. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    That was the thread I was looking for, use that.

9. ioperfect
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ahh right, for some reason i got to worrying that having the dsi meant the data in the ak2i wouldnt work, the guides def help for what I need to do once I get it. Sorry for being such a noob, thanks you guys were a great help

10. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    only data you would have to worry about losing is nintendo wifi data (like you will get a new FC in games) and as long as you have both systems you can transfer the wifi data with any game that has access to the wifi menu

Example: you play mario cart DS on DSL and go on wifi your FC is 0000-0000-0001 now if you don't transfer the data via an option were you setup the connection used you will get a new FC unless you transfer your nintendo wifi data

(you just click transfer wifi data then DL it onto the other DS via DS DL play i did this for my DL to DSi switch)

here is a vid to make it easy (i know this isn't AK related but i have been here so i figure i might aswell post this [​IMG] )

note i didn't make this vid i just looked for it on YT its one of the better ones posted