Updating wiikey on 3.1E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noliss, Nov 15, 2007.

Nov 15, 2007

Updating wiikey on 3.1E by noliss at 7:46 PM (1,280 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. noliss
    OP

Newcomer noliss Newbie

Portugal
    Hi everyone. My wii is on 3.1E FW and I'm having trouble ("test connections...") updating my wiikey to 1.9b/g, could someone walk me through the process? Am I supposed to use GCOS?

2. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Try downloading the G update from wiikey.cn and burning that, and run it. If it doesn't work, pad it (read the readme) and burn n run it again. If that doesn't work, try it with gcos. If it then still doesn't work, there's something wrong.

3. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    do you have an original wiikey?

4. ekaj666

Newcomer ekaj666 Member

United Kingdom
    I am also having the same problem. I have a Jap Wii with original wiikey and FW 3.1J. I have a backup copy of SMG jap version and wanted to play it but i am unable to update to 1.9g or even 1.9b. I have gotten my 1.3 config disk to work with the hex thing and swapping to the untouched disk but i cant get the 1.9g update to work. It boots up and get to the screen and it says to press a or reset to test so i press reset coz i dont have a gamecube controller and get to 100% but then says error failed test check your connections. So now im stuck. Some1 please help. I have opened up my wii to check the connections and they are all perfect so its not that and im 100% sure i have original wiikey.