Updating wiikey on 3.1E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by noliss, Nov 15, 2007.

1. noliss
    OP

noliss Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2007
    Hi everyone. My wii is on 3.1E FW and I'm having trouble ("test connections...") updating my wiikey to 1.9b/g, could someone walk me through the process? Am I supposed to use GCOS?

2. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    Try downloading the G update from wiikey.cn and burning that, and run it. If it doesn't work, pad it (read the readme) and burn n run it again. If that doesn't work, try it with gcos. If it then still doesn't work, there's something wrong.

3. rhyguy

rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 21, 2007
    Melbourne
    do you have an original wiikey?

4. ekaj666

ekaj666 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2007
    I am also having the same problem. I have a Jap Wii with original wiikey and FW 3.1J. I have a backup copy of SMG jap version and wanted to play it but i am unable to update to 1.9g or even 1.9b. I have gotten my 1.3 config disk to work with the hex thing and swapping to the untouched disk but i cant get the 1.9g update to work. It boots up and get to the screen and it says to press a or reset to test so i press reset coz i dont have a gamecube controller and get to 100% but then says error failed test check your connections. So now im stuck. Some1 please help. I have opened up my wii to check the connections and they are all perfect so its not that and im 100% sure i have original wiikey.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice