Updating vita firmware to 6.0 from older version

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by demonik420, Aug 10, 2016.

1. demonik420
    OP

demonik420 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    Canada
    So i have a vita that hasn't been updated in about a year.

This may be a stupid question but is there any way to UPDATE my vita to 6.0 from a lower firmware version now that 6.1 is out?
    If not how can I install HENkaku on lower firmware so I can install some emulators! All the info on the HENkaku site is ow ALL about 6.0 but I don't know how to get 6.0 on my vita. I assume if I try to update through the vita menu it will bring me all the way up past 6.0 to 6.1 which I definitely don't want to do.

*UPDATE:
    so just out of curiosity.. is updating to 6.0 the best method for home brew? i have a hacked PSP, PS3, and Wii so I have experience installing homebrew but the email method seems pretty complicated, especially if you have to reinstall it each time you shut down the system.

Last edited by demonik420, Aug 10, 2016
  2. jabbaskillet

jabbaskillet Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2014
    United States
  3. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
  4. demonik420
    OP

demonik420 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    Canada
    thankyou ! :D

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

so just out of curiosity.. is updating to 6.0 the best method for home brew? i have a hacked PSP, PS3, and Wii so I have experience installing homebrew but the email method seems pretty complicated, especially if you have to reinstall it each time you shut down the system.