Hacking Updating to 11.3 without A9LH

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sega dude
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,039
  • Replies Replies 40
My first modem was 1200 baud, so I never had the '300 baud blues'. I did run my own BBS for a brief time though. Good times!
My first modem was a 300 baud rate modem. The "300 baud blues" is a real thing. I worked my 12 year old ass off all summer to replace my ISP's shitty 300 baud modem with a Motorola 600 baud rate modem just so I could connect and play fucking Tetris against my friend on my BBS. (RenegadeBBS, Flint Michigan)

Later on, we used that same modem to download a 3.6Mb Wad file for Doom and it took all damn night. It was at that point I decided it was time to retire my precious 600 baud modem for something newer. It was aging by then, and I was too proud of it too retire it.

Edit: Fifteen years later and my ISP provides 100 up/down with fiber straight to my router lol. That same Wad file would take me less than a second to download. God I feel old now.
 
Last edited by ,
  • Like
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News