updating softmodded wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by neeno77, Feb 21, 2010.

Feb 21, 2010

updating softmodded wii by neeno77 at 2:17 PM (1,307 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. neeno77
    OP

Newcomer neeno77 Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi folks

i used the twighlight hack about 1 and a half years ago to mod my wii (softmii 2.1)
    my system is on 3.2e.
    i want to update it to 4.0 or above.
    do i have to remove my hacks and start from fresh or is there a simple way to update.

i want to update so i can get into the shop, i also want to try out the usb loaders.

alot has changed since i modded my system and i want to get the most out of it.

thanks for any help you can give.

2. melksnor

Newcomer melksnor Member

United States
  3. synicasm

Newcomer synicasm Advanced Member

United States
    I was in the same boat as you neeno77. I believe all the same versions and such Softmii 2.1 ( ciosCorp ) , 3.2e etc.

I chose to "virgin" my wii and start fresh using this guide to virgin my wii http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

Then started fresh with the complete softmod guide melksnor linked to.. which Coincidentally links to the same site .

I may not of had to go the start fresh route, but after 1.5 years I forgot some of the original things I was doing and why . It was a good refresher course.

I did not backup my nand before starting this process, However in hind sight I think that is great advice....

4. Daco

Banned Daco Banned

Belgium
    easy as fuck

install latest hbc/dvdx/bootmii as boot2 (if you dont have it yet)
    make a nand backup
    install ios70
    install ios61,53,55,56,57
    install shopping channel eventho i doubt you use it cause all of you faggots are lolpirates
    install sysmenu 4.2

if you screw that up then you are to stupid to update in any other way then nintendo's update server

all other updates will be asked by games. and if you are one of those lame ass ppl that (for unknown retarded reasons) block updates from discs , then you are boned and you'll have to install all updated ios's