Updating Shop Channel - Still wants me to update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joshuad156, Aug 10, 2011.

1. joshuad156
    OP

joshuad156 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2007
    United States
    I have a 4.2u softmodded wii with latest HBC, priiloader, cfg usb loader and boot2 setup.

I want to update the shop channel and download the netflix app, but I'm running into what seems to be a really silly problem and I can't find any solutions.

From my research, I should be able to use MMM and update IOS56 and Shop Channel and be good. However, after doing this (and getting no errors from MMM, all updates successful), after I run the Shop Channel I'm being asked to Update my Wii. I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue and since it seems so easy, I don't know how else to troubleshoot this! Can anyone offer any suggestions to try? Everything else on my softmodded wii works great!

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Try using ModMii to install the latest version of the Shop Channel and IOS56. I do not know why MMM is not working for you.

3. joshuad156
    OP

joshuad156 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2007
    United States
    Using ModMii to download the Shop Channel and install the wad offline worked like a charm. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even think to try that.

I have a friend who had the same issue with MMM. After seeing it again, I wonder if it's even downloading and installing the shop channel itself. It just succeeds too quickly to be possibly downloading and installing the update.

Thanks!