Hacking updating rxTools without overwriting emunand?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've rxtools 2.6 and i want to update it to its december 5th build, but i'm not sure if it will overwrite my emunand (thing that i do not want to happen). If i do update it manualy, will it reset my emunand?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, i feel safe again. Thanks!

any tutorials out there to update?

How to Update to a Newer rxTools Version
Download the latest RxTools build here
Download and install Python version 2.7 if you don't have it
Direct Windows installer link
If you are using Windows, right-click the rxtools.rar and open Properties. If at the bottom, it says the file is blocked, check "Unblock" and Apply. This should take care of any problems you have with the following steps.

Backup and delete any "rxtools" folder that you may have on your SD card before doing the following steps!

Place:
1. the "rxtools" folder on the SD card root.
2. the "firm" folder inside of the "rxtools" folder. How to get it:
  • Run cdn_firm.py in the "Tools" folder. It will generate a firm folder in the same folder that cdn_firm.py is in. The firm folder must go into the rxTools folder like so: SD:/rxtools/firm

For ninjhax users, you also need to replace the rxtools.3dsx and rxtools.smdh found inside the ninjhax folder in the rxtools download zip.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to Update to a Newer rxTools Version
Download the latest RxTools build
here
Download and install Python version 2.7 if you don't have it
Direct Windows installer link
If you are using Windows, right-click the rxtools.rar and open Properties. If at the bottom, it says the file is blocked, check "Unblock" and Apply. This should take care of any problems you have with the following steps.

Backup and delete any "rxtools" folder that you may have on your SD card before doing the following steps!

Place:
1. the "rxtools" folder on the SD card root.
2. the "firm" folder inside of the "rxtools" folder. How to get it:
  • Run cdn_firm.py in the "Tools" folder. It will generate a firm folder in the same folder that cdn_firm.py is in. The firm folder must go into the rxTools folder like so: SD:/rxtools/firm

For ninjhax users, you also need to replace the rxtools.3dsx and rxtools.smdh found inside the ninjhax folder in the rxtools download zip.

Oh my god, thank you so much! I was so looking for this! Thank you!

and thank you guys for commenting!

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-