Hacking Updating New 3DS XL -> SNES Edition

Jhynjhiruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... Slight problem: I want to transfer from my New 3DS XL to my shiny new SNES Edition - but, for some reason, my current 3DS fails to update, from both System Settings and Recovery Menu. I can't systransfer without being on the latest firmware, but I don't want to lose all my savedata. Can I a) force the system to update or b) use a CTRTransfer? Both consoles are running Boot9Strap 1.3 Luma3DS 8.1.1.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would just backup your saves with JKSM, do the CTRTransfer, update, then do the 3DS system transfer, and then re-inject the saves back into your games using JKSM.

And doing a NANDmin.bin backup couldn't hurt beforehand either. ;)

Jhynjhiruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would just backup your saves with JKSM, do the CTRTransfer, update, then do the 3DS system transfer, and then re-inject the saves back into your games using JKSM.

And doing a NANDmin.bin backup couldn't hurt beforehand either. ;)
Uuh... What?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Uuh... What?
*sigh...*

Assuming you have FBI installed, open it to the titeDB, and install a homebrew app called JKSM. You can use it to backup your game saves to your SD card, to restore them later. (After you fix your broken Update shit and transfer your stuff to the SNES 3DS XL)

Jhynjhiruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh...*

Assuming you have FBI installed, open it to the titeDB, and install a homebrew app called JKSM. You can use it to backup your game saves to your SD card, to restore them later. (After you fix your broken Update shit and transfer your stuff to the SNES 3DS XL)
I probably should have said... I already have JKSM installed, but I'm not too worried about losing saves - it would just be nice.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...I know. I have had a hacked 3DS for quite a while... Saying that I don't mind losing them doesn't mean that I don't know what JKSaveManager does.
Okay then why did you post this? Because it seemed like you were clueless and had no idea. Update then do your system transfer if you don't care about your saves. Lol

skydancer93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the SNES N3DS coming in and I want to know, is there a way I can use JKSM to dump a save from my smaller N3DS and inject it to my SNES 3DS? It's the same region if that helps.

Jhynjhiruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... I'm beginning to think it's something to do with me being banned - CTRTransferring to my SNES 3DS a) created a bunch of white icons that don't do anything and b) stopped that 3DS from updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E