Updating my 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ScottSmith, Oct 30, 2015.

1. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    i posted in anothe section but i think this section is better to post.

i have my o3ds xl on 6.2 and i want to update it to 9.0 - 9.2 so i can use themehax can i use my sky3ds to do so i looked on 3dsdb and found these game Tomodachi Life needs 9.2E to run (i am EU)

if i load this to my sky3ds will it update to 9.2? and is it safe? or is there somthing else i need to do, would hate to update past, i have a backup of my NAND but i dont really want to hardmod if not needed.

thanks

2. Randomdude0

Randomdude0 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2015
    Colombia
    Does your 3ds have a working Internet Browser?

3. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    yes, it does

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Rxtools devmode + sysupdater. There are already a lot of thread asking that, research.

5. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    With 6.2 go

NH2 > Mini pasta > NH2 > FBI > Install sysupdater > mini pasta > sysupdater to 9.2

6. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    NH2 is only Ver 9+? Also i have PastaCFW is that the same as mini pasta? (i am guess a lite version?)

7. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Yes. Use your SKY3DS -> Cubic Ninja -> Pasta CFW-> Ninjhax 1.x -> FBI > Install sysupdater -> Pasta CFW-> disable firm launch -> sysupdater to 9.2.

Or the below:

8. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    i used 3DNUS to try and download the 9.2.0-20E update but it keeps getting stuck at this

Code:
    Downloading 0004013800000002 v17120
    Title has 1 contents.
    Downloading file1...

i tried 4 times and i left it for over an hour each time

i can't find anywhere else to download the update from (one i found on the iso site said not to install to sysNAND because it will brick)

Last edited by ScottSmith, Nov 1, 2015
  9. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Have you extracted the 3DNUS folder before running it? I know that when I tried it while it was still in the zip file it wouldn't do it, but once I extracted everything to a folder it did.

10. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    yeah i've extracted it to my desktop, also tried running as admin, no luck always the same part it gets stuck at

11. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Italy
    The one on that iso site works correctly in sysNAND, I installed it some weeks ago. 9.2 with AGB_Firm, TWL and others patched.

12. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    9.2 was removed from the servers you need to go to another site that hosts the files you need. Old gbatemp would be cool with that kind of stuff :/

13. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    so if i download the 9.2 update the CN > rxtools > devmode > CN > sysupdater, it will work?

14. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    If you have rxTools go Dev mode, install sysupdater, and update to 9.2 with Sysupdater. Always make a Nand backup before doing anything

15. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Italy
    I used the 9.2 pack with patches (MSET and other cool stuff).
    Install sysUpdater in sysNAND. Boot DevMode, run sysUpdater and install the 9.2 pack. In my case, it did work.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  16. iwasaperson

iwasaperson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2013
    United States
    It is not available from 3DNUS anymore. You have to get it from the ISO site.

Go to the site, go to the "CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates" subforum, click on the thread titled "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)", and click on the link that states "9.2.0-20E (Full)". This is the correct file you need.

Now, put the latest rxTools nightly on your SD card, along with sysupdater, and the correct FBI to inject to H&S app (not required if you can use Ninjhax 1.1), put the updates into a folder on the root of your SD card called "updates" and install sysupdater. Now start rxTools while holding 'L'. Go to Advanced, Developer Mode (or DevMode) (make sure you do NOT launch rxMode SysNAND or you will brick), launch sysupdater and update. Your 3DS should automatically restart.

If you are unable to install sysupdater, make sure you create a file called title.db in the proper folder on your SD card (Nintendo 3DS/[random characters]/[random characters again]/dbs/title.db) You will have to create the dbs folder. Boot up your 3DS and go to System Settings. Press Data Management, Nintendo 3DS, Software, Reset.

Quantumcat likes this.
  17. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    Right, im sorry for all the questions and stuff, i just rxtools devmode (ive replaced h&s app with fbi) loaded fbi (through h&s) installed sysupdater but it does not get added to my home menu, then when i reboot to sysnand an empty icon appears on the homescreen the dissapears after about 3 seconds, also happend when i tried to insyall fbi.cia

18. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Did you choose destination SD and not nand?

19. Ante0

Ante0 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2014
    Do you go back to RxTools after rebooting?

20. ScottSmith
    OP

ScottSmith Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2012
    i tried to install on SD but gave me an error, it installed successfuly on NAND

i booted to normal sysnand then loaded rxTools sysnand still did the same

do i have to install sysupdater or can i load it from CN?