Question Updating Games Using OFW or using CDNSP?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by NathanPeterson, Aug 6, 2018.

1. NathanPeterson
    OP

NathanPeterson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2011
    I want to update my games and am trying to find the best method with the least risk of a ban. I've been able to go weeks and weeks so far without a ban.

Two options:

1. Using CDNSP to download the .nsp update and manually install it to the .xci

2. Going to OFW and updating strait from there?

Anyone know which way is "safer"? - (I know there is not a for sure safe way)

2. danny08

danny08 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Once you go online it doesnt matter. Both ways will get you banned.
    Ofcourse using cdnsp is an offline solution and thus better.

3. shadowghul

shadowghul Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2017
    Germany
    If you have a nonhacked switch or a friend has one, you can just share the update offline ;) thats how i update my games :D

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I'm already banned from online play and eshop, and I wonder if downloading game updates will eventually get me CDN banned like the people who use freeshop to dowload illegitimate content.

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Something tells me this would defeat the purpose of banning someone as the whole point of atum was to provide game and system updates, even to consoles who were banned. The whole oversight by Nintendo stems from allowing atum access to the whole CDN and not just updates. If they wanted to crack down hard on hackers, they could just ban them from the CDN in the first place.

leda likes this.
  6. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    And if you stay offline and update using cdnsp, then it's the same as being banned because you can't go online ever again.

So no matter what you do, playing online is off the table.

7. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    If it just for update .xci, ofw, but if you have .nsp installed then stay full offline and use CDNSP. Both are risky and using .nsp is more risky.