Hacking Updating for Pokemon x/y

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I just handed out the first suspension for this new brand of preachy anti-piracy BS. And just so no one gets confused, I would be doing the same thing if someone were to be a jerk to someone about buying games instead of pirating them.

Knock it off.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Ok my first suspension worked around.. Reported the mod for aiding piracy via promoting it (illegal where he lives) to the relevant authorities. Just figured i would post update.. Buy the damn game kids!

It's the Internet dude. Free speech.

Have fun with your indefinite suspension.

KefkasMyDad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just handed out the first suspension for this new brand of preachy anti-piracy BS. And just so no one gets confused, I would be doing the same thing if someone were to be a jerk to someone about buying games instead of pirating them.

Knock it off.
just gotta say, love ur profile pick.
anywho, i deleted my games from my 3ds, (15-20 vc, and fire emblem)
exchanged it for a 4.0 3ds
and i have no intention of updating
but nintendo has kicked me in the balls multiple times, and that would make most people bitter enough to hurt nintendo in anyway possible :P

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
If the Gateway team announces online working on games like Pokémon X/Y, then it'd seriously make me reconsider my decision of getting a DS2, buying Pokémon Y (Tyranitar and Dragalge ftw!) and just waiting it out until Supercard create their own 3DS flashcart.

I'm betting part 2 of the update announcement will be along the lines of "Better compatibility with your favorite games!". They were just waiting for Pokemon X/Y to come out to do some further tests in order to guarantee they can live up to what they're gonna say.

I say you better wait it out a week or so, because won't you be sad after you update and they announce something like that. And besides, it's not like Pokemon's gonna just disappear off the earth in a few weeks, you can play it any time!

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm betting part 2 of the update announcement will be along the lines of "Better compatibility with your favorite games!". They were just waiting for Pokemon X/Y to come out to do some further tests in order to guarantee they can live up to what they're gonna say.

I say you better wait it out a week or so, because won't you be sad after you update and they announce something like that. And besides, it's not like Pokemon's gonna just disappear off the earth in a few weeks, you can play it any time!
Kinda silly to wait after street date to do that when they have the rom already. If they don't by then we'll have people like the OP who find themselves facing down the dilemma of updating or not.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda silly to wait after street date to do that when they have the rom already. If they don't by then we'll have people like the OP who find themselves facing down the dilemma of updating or not.

The released roms are from Europe. The roms from the other regions aren't dumped yet.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't people just wait until the Nand Dump thing releases?! That way (Hardware solution may be required...) they'd be able to travel from the most current firmware (until blocked) back to Gateway. Don't be so fast to update. You'll regret it. I did it with my PS3. I've regretted it ever since!

MrXela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still haven't bought a Gateway cause my 3ds is too updated for the latest Gateway firmware, but I honestly do reckon Gateway will be able to hack the 3ds and make it the flashcart that everyone wants. Just have faith in them and it will happen, I've been playing MK7 for the past 3-4 months waiting on the Gateway because I have faith in them :D (Spamming A caused me to unintentionally update which also caused me to wait longer xD)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun with your indefinite suspension.

I like how he says, "Ok my first suspension worked around.. Reported the mod for aiding piracy via promoting it (illegal where he lives) to the relevant authorities. Just figured i would post update.. Buy the damn game kids!"

Then adds,

"It's the Internet dude. Free speech."
LOOOOOOL

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't bought a Gateway cause my 3ds is too updated for the latest Gateway firmware, but I honestly do reckon Gateway will be able to hack the 3ds and make it the flashcart that everyone wants. Just have faith in them and it will happen, I've been playing MK7 for the past 3-4 months waiting on the Gateway because I have faith in them :D (Spamming A caused me to unintentionally update which also caused me to wait longer xD)

They have kernel access, so OF COURSE Pokemon will work eventually! Very likely to be sooner than later :)

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But with the first Gateway update, ROMs now work regardless of region, and since Pokemon X/Y is the same language-wise no regardless of region, it's not a problem.

It's still a rom from a different region. Just changing the language doesn't mean it would change the server the game connects to if it were to try to connect to the internet. But, wouldn't you use a game from your region anyway? It would be more effective to release an update after the game has been released everywhere else first.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodbye, Gateway. I didn't have high hopes for you anyway. Going to play an awesome game now that I would never think of pirating :yaynds:

*updates from 5.1 to 6.1*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A... +1