Hacking Updating firmware on o3ds 7.1.0-16E to version 9.2

BinkyBong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've recently aquired an 03ds on FW 7.1.0-16E - I've managed to load up rxtools, setup emunand FBI and sysupdater. Apologies if the question is already answered elsewhere, but I can't seem to get devmode/pasta mode working on rxtools on this particular firmware to run sysupdater to 9.2, whenever I try - it just drops be back into sysnand without any access to FBI/sysupdater.

From what I've read - it seems that the only way to update is by getting hold of one of the following EU carts:

Tomodachi Life
Gardening Mama Forest Friends
Cooking Mama Bon Appetit

to manually update to 9.2, unless someone else knows of another way of doing it?

Thanks!

Binky

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Devmode/PastaMode, and PastaCFW, are literally Sysnand with signature patches; it is suppose to put you back in sysnand and let you run Sysupdater. If it really isn't working in PastaMode/Devmode, then maybe try a more stable build, such as the Beta 2 build or the 10-02 build.

BinkyBong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies, I'm actually using RxTools-3.0-beta 2 and it just drops me into sysnand and I can't see sysupdater even though I've installed it on both sysnand and emunand using FBI. Sorry, which is the "10-02" build?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the replies, I'm actually using RxTools-3.0-beta 2 and it just drops me into sysnand and I can't see sysupdater even though I've installed it on both sysnand and emunand using FBI. Sorry, which is the "10-02" build?
You used to be able to get the 10-02 (October 2 2015) build from the lavanoid site, but that's down now.
You can always try rxTools 2.5.2, which is commonly used to run sysupdater nowadays.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of a brick caused by 2.5.2, and I'm sure I would get a lot of complaints in my thread if it was true :O

It had something to do with how pasta ran. It causes soft bricks if I remember correctly. @laramie we're we talking about this last night.

It was right when that extra crap was installed for faster boot time

Last edited by Ronhero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay