Gateway 3ds, cooking mama update

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by madturbo123, Feb 3, 2016.

1. madturbo123
    OP

madturbo123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2006
    I've got a 2ds @ 7.1.0 16E and I want to update it using cooking mama bon appetit eur via GW. When I load it using gateway it doesn't prompt me to update FW, it goes straight in the game. Is there a feature in GW that blocks updates? but why would it let me run the game when i'm on 7.1.0?
    I've also tried Tomodachi Life v02 EUR and it doesn't prompt for an update

Thanks guys

Last edited by madturbo123, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, Gateway emunand blocks card updates (including cards emulated from .3ds ;) )

Why it works? Because the game may not actually need features introduced in the bundled OS.

Sometimes even if they do there's some fallback, at your own risk (like games using the 6.x+ save crypto can run on older firmwares but the saves created by >=6.0 will be incompatible with earlier ones)!

3. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    With a -16 browser just use rxtools spyder boot to devmode and use sysupdater to 9.2

4. Varia

Varia GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2010
    That's because of the firmware spoofing.
    If you want to disable firmware spoofing, hold down the up button while going into Gateway Mode.
    Just careful you don't update in systemnand or you will brick your system.

Edit: oh I see you do want to update the system nand. Well you can't do that with Gateway afaik without bricking your system. Cfw and sysupdater as the poster above said.

Last edited by Varia, Feb 3, 2016
  5. madturbo123
    OP

madturbo123 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2006
    wow lucky i didn't update from card... thanks i'll do cfw and sysupdater

6. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It doesn't update native firm so as long as that hasn't changed you can gw update