Updating firmware for R4i gold 3DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by seyunx, Aug 30, 2013.

1. seyunx
    OP

seyunx Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2013
    United States
    So I accidentally updated my 3DS too much (currently at 6.1.0-12U) and my R4 won't run on it anymore.
    I'm having trouble upgrading the firmware, I do have a DS Lite and I've been trying to use it but it says "Fail" when I press A.
    Page I got the upgrading patch: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm
    Any help I can get for this?

Also does anyone know a good way to open the R4? I know after upgrading I have to cut one line but I haven't been able to find any videos on it.

2. zephor

zephor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2012
    United States
    What icon do you get on your DS Lite? Also, what revision are you and do you have a white dot above the far left pin?

3. seyunx
    OP

seyunx Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2013
    United States
    I get the "DORASU" icon with a guy smiling \o/ I'm not sure which revision it is (do I have to open the R4?)

4. zephor

zephor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2012
    United States
    Nope, no need to open (although it's pretty easy to do). Just look about the far right and left pins. The one on the left will have a number/letter, and the one on the right SHOULD have a white dot. From what I can tell, you have a revision C with no white dot. Apparently these can't be upgraded.. I would know since I'm stuck with one also.

5. seyunx
    OP

seyunx Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2013
    United States
    Ah that would make sense, I guess the only way around it is to buy a newer R4.