Hacking Updating B9S, Chainloader menu does not open, goes right to home menu.

Person74

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title, On luma3ds 7.1, b9s 1.0, I checked and I'm following the guide correctly, what could the problem be? When i try to open the chainloader menu, it goes to the home menu and nothing is updated.

How_I_hack_3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same issue so I hope someone can point out something obvious I'm missing.
Followed the guide to hack in the first place.
I updated to B9S by following the guide with zero issues.
Following the guide to update B9S so I can update luma beyond 7.1 but I'm unable to boot to the chainloader.
I did some looking around and from what I can tell if I followed the guide I would have moved my luma into CTRNAND\rw\luma, rather than just leaving it on the SD, and sure enough I can see it if I look at it through FBI, but I guess I'm ignorant and I don't really understand how I'm supposed to get at it. I really think I'm just missing something obvious, can someone spell it out for me?

Alternatively I could have no idea what I'm on about, but luma on CRTNAND and not being able to boot to the chainloader seems to be the common theme when I look into it.

Alright, so disregard all of that. Spent all shift overthinking the issue. Found the solution literally 5 minutes after posting with further searching.
This thread over here spells out the "problem" and solution.

Last edited by How_I_hack_3ds,

dotqurter_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
We need a B9S + Luma troubleshooter guide stickied by admin *sigh*

If there are any .bin files in the luma/payloads folder, it will skip the chainloader. Delete any .bin files in luma/payloads and try again.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that newer .firm payloads require B9S 1.2? I know for Luma 8.x it does but will the latest version of GM9 work with B9S 1.0? I have never thought about this until now.
Also if Luma chainloader is not working it can't find a compatible payload.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Barbies BDSM Dungeon Adventure Featuring Gimp Ken!