Hacking Updating a DSTTi clone/fake to work with 1.4.1 firmware?

boxxleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've ran into a problem:

I'm assuming many of you know, but there are a countless amount of DSTTi fakes and clones that exist. Many which include the R4i King, R4iDSiXL, etc. etc. etc.

I happen to own one of these fakes/clones. It's been pretty good to me to be honest, it allows me to put RetroGameFan's newest firmware on it and of course it is compatible with all the new games. Except one thing...

On a fateful day I decided to "update" my DSi to 1.4.1. That was the day my DSTTi fake died. It can no longer run.

So I found the 1.4.1 updater for DSTTi flash cards:

http://filetrip.net/f22077-DSTTi-1-4-1-fix-1-0b.html

I ran this, it loaded up, and I get a "THIS CARD IS A FAKE, CANNOT FLASH/UPGRADE"

I tried to load this file up with the fake-killer firmware and the nds file wont even load up. So, my question is:

Is there anyone who knows how I can bypass this "Fake security-check" and flash my fake card so I can start playing games my flash card again?

Now I know what the obv. answer is...just buy a better card, or a new card, but I have attachment issues with my old fake friend. I'd really like to get it working again. Can someone help me out? Thanks.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
You can't update your fake DSTTi with the DSTTi 1.4.1 update.

I understand your "attachment issue", I really do. Maybe your card provides an own update on it's webpage. If it doesn't, then there's simply nothing you can do.

boxxleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSTTi fake's webpage is so outdated. I only stuck to RetroGameFan updates since my card allowed those.

Since there is no possible fix at this time, what are the possibilities of someone creating a fix or altering the .nds firmware file to bypass the "fake-protection"? I would love to do it if it were possible, but programming is usually way over my head.

Is some fix like this even possible? I know I'm not the only DSTTi fake/clone depressed person out there right now...

boxxleman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, funny.

I do have a question though.

I recently ran into this:

http://filetrip.net/f3692-DSTT-Fake-Recovery-1-17.html

What if I ran this on my fake DSTT, flashed the original firmware, then tried to update? Would it then work? I can't test it right now, but I'll be able to tomorrow...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Nothing would happen. Itr simply wouldn't work.

Dude, you can get an Acekard 2.i preflashed for 12-13 Bucks. That's not a lot of money compared to what you'd spend with the original games. I's simply suggest to order an Acekard 2.i in the next few days. Ask friends for help if yopu have problems with odering stuff online.

Keep an eye on your fake DSTT, put it on a special place on your table.

But get a good and working flashcard like Acekard 2.i asap.

Regards,
Etalon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1