Updating a 3DS to 4.5 via Download play

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by juins, Jan 17, 2014.

1. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    Is Download play working with GW/clones? Im trying to upgrade a 2nd 3ds from 1.0-E to 4.5-E.

I have my 1st 3ds (NTSC) running Luigis Mansion (E), and trying to work out download play, but once i choose options for the room i get connection error.

This is my only hope to upgrade this european 3ds, importing a game is out of the question, if anyone know anything about this, please help. Thanks.

EDIT: im on 3dslink v2.0 right now, ill have access to my gateway until night time, pretty scared of using a more recent version.

2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    You'll probably need a game with FW 4.5 or w/e, so why not get a legal game for instance..?

3. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    Its really difficult to get my hands on a PAL 3ds game here in central america, if u import, it really expensive, in all my time here, ive only seen one PAL cart.

I wanna know if its possible to update via download play

4. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

Nope, it's not. Is there no store where you can try games? Maybe it'll help ya. I know importing is expensive.(Korean clothing says hi) Else whenever you go on vacation to Europe go to some store and buy a game =w=

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, there's only two ways to update:
    1. Connect to the internet (this will obviously download the latest version, so useless for you)
    2. Get a game that has the firmware version you want.