Updating a 3DS to 4.5 via Download play

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by juins, Jan 17, 2014.

1. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    Is Download play working with GW/clones? Im trying to upgrade a 2nd 3ds from 1.0-E to 4.5-E.

I have my 1st 3ds (NTSC) running Luigis Mansion (E), and trying to work out download play, but once i choose options for the room i get connection error.

This is my only hope to upgrade this european 3ds, importing a game is out of the question, if anyone know anything about this, please help. Thanks.

EDIT: im on 3dslink v2.0 right now, ill have access to my gateway until night time, pretty scared of using a more recent version.

2. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    You'll probably need a game with FW 4.5 or w/e, so why not get a legal game for instance..?

3. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    Its really difficult to get my hands on a PAL 3ds game here in central america, if u import, it really expensive, in all my time here, ive only seen one PAL cart.

I wanna know if its possible to update via download play

4. Langin

Langin HI! ^O^

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague

Nope, it's not. Is there no store where you can try games? Maybe it'll help ya. I know importing is expensive.(Korean clothing says hi) Else whenever you go on vacation to Europe go to some store and buy a game =w=

5. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Yeah, there's only two ways to update:
    1. Connect to the internet (this will obviously download the latest version, so useless for you)
    2. Get a game that has the firmware version you want.