Hacking Updating 3DS using game card question

WoJjTeK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys,
So I've just bought myself a new 3DS XL which fortunately turned out to be on FW 4.2.X-X. I'd like to update it to 4.5.0.X. I own a few games that should come with 4.5 FW , but I'd like to ask you - is there a way to check what FW version is 'bundled' with my game card ? Not general info , like 'Lugi's Mansion 2 comes with x.x.x-x' but info about my own game card.
Thank you for answers in advance

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well, if you insert your 3DS game and try to launch it, it'll say "You have to update to X.X.X-X firmware to play".
So you can check yourself what FW version is bundled with your game.
But be carrefull, just check the firmware version and if it's not the good one, DON'T UPDATE and remove the game!

Reactions: WoJjTeK

WoJjTeK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wouldn't call them identical, something was updated obviously between versions. And besides, I've read that 4.2 FW users experienced some weird problems with some homebrew and gateway. For now, until GW 2.0 version is released I'm not updating, because of that bricking crap that happened.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
There's abolutely no need to update if you're on at least 4.1 since all fw versions between 4.1 and 4.5 are identical.

Well, in my particular case, I wasn't able to create a emuNAND using my 4.3 (trust me I tried seeeeveral times). I was only able to create the emuNAND after upgrading to 4.5.

Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out