Updates for DSi vs Acekard...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by N1nt3nd0gam3r, Apr 6, 2009.

Apr 6, 2009
  1. N1nt3nd0gam3r
    OP

Banned N1nt3nd0gam3r Banned

United States
    will acekard come out with new updates so it works with the dsi cuz im sure the upd8s will try their best to block flashcarts lol anyway yah so will they come out with firmware updates for the acekard?

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the exploit has nothing to do with the acekard firmware. they already made it clear they will not release an reflasher. this has been asked many times, please use the search button next time.

-another world

3. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    no they wont..they wont make $ for ace card 2i if they update ace card

4. Another World

Colombia
    actually that makes no sense. if they offered a reflasher or a service to reflash they would increase sales of the current cart. what is the point in making an ak3i unless the 2i is flawed... which it is, but thats another conversation.

-another world

5. N1nt3nd0gam3r
    OP

Banned N1nt3nd0gam3r Banned

United States
    k im still confused r these updates for the dsi guna block acekard? if so wut can we do about it besides not upd8

6. Another World

Colombia
    they might, and you can't currently do anything about it. so just enjoy your flash linker until you can't enjoy it anymore.

-another world

7. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Just not update. However, I very much doubt that Nintendo will block flashcarts yet.

8. rh0gee

Member rh0gee Advanced Member

surprisingly, the initial update to allow you to DL the web browser did not block the acekard 2i. As to if nintendo will do like sony and put out a bunch of updates to thwart hackers is yet to be seen. If anything, nintendo might look at Sony's FAILED attempts to stop exploits and chill out, or they might try. It's up to Nintendo. as for exploits. we can hope there's a hacker like Dark Alex around to try and compromise the firmwares or even create customs, at which that may be in the form of using the SD card and a specific game (for the PSP fats, you needed an original GTA:LCS UMD and some stuff on the memory stick duo to hack it). So to answer your question, it's up to NINTENDO to decide if they will wage war against hackers and put out frequent firmwares to hack the DSi, it is up to hackers to exploit the firmwares and possibly create custom ones to add non-nintendo features, and AceKard will likely sell as many of the 2is as they can marketing them as "DSi Compatible" until the day when firmwares look them out. But AceKard will not likely get into exploiting/hacking firmware, the 2i chip merely had a HARDWARE build in it to make the current firmware of DSi believe it was a legit Game itself (the only real difference b/w it and the other DS carts).

That's my 2 cents that ended up looking like two dollars worth.

cheers,
    Rh0gee

PS, the ACEKARD 2i works just fine w/ the DS and I don't think it cost anymore than the rest, so if you are like me and have both the DS and the DSi, go ahead and buy it and enjoy while you can and if it gets locked out, put it in the DSLite. but don't fear, someone always figures out how to compromise consoles, ALWAYS.