N1nt3nd0gam3r

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will acekard come out with new updates so it works with the dsi cuz im sure the upd8s will try their best to block flashcarts lol anyway yah so will they come out with firmware updates for the acekard?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
actually that makes no sense. if they offered a reflasher or a service to reflash they would increase sales of the current cart. what is the point in making an ak3i unless the 2i is flawed... which it is, but thats another conversation.

-another world

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
N1nt3nd0gam3r said:
k im still confused r these updates for the dsi guna block acekard? if so wut can we do about it besides not upd8
Just not update. However, I very much doubt that Nintendo will block flashcarts yet.

rh0gee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
surprisingly, the initial update to allow you to DL the web browser did not block the acekard 2i. As to if nintendo will do like sony and put out a bunch of updates to thwart hackers is yet to be seen. If anything, nintendo might look at Sony's FAILED attempts to stop exploits and chill out, or they might try. It's up to Nintendo. as for exploits. we can hope there's a hacker like Dark Alex around to try and compromise the firmwares or even create customs, at which that may be in the form of using the SD card and a specific game (for the PSP fats, you needed an original GTA:LCS UMD and some stuff on the memory stick duo to hack it). So to answer your question, it's up to NINTENDO to decide if they will wage war against hackers and put out frequent firmwares to hack the DSi, it is up to hackers to exploit the firmwares and possibly create custom ones to add non-nintendo features, and AceKard will likely sell as many of the 2is as they can marketing them as "DSi Compatible" until the day when firmwares look them out. But AceKard will not likely get into exploiting/hacking firmware, the 2i chip merely had a HARDWARE build in it to make the current firmware of DSi believe it was a legit Game itself (the only real difference b/w it and the other DS carts).

That's my 2 cents that ended up looking like two dollars worth.

cheers,
Rh0gee

PS, the ACEKARD 2i works just fine w/ the DS and I don't think it cost anymore than the rest, so if you are like me and have both the DS and the DSi, go ahead and buy it and enjoy while you can and if it gets locked out, put it in the DSLite. but don't fear, someone always figures out how to compromise consoles, ALWAYS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive