OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
nl255 said:
Would it be possible to add two more shortcuts. Specifically, Right+Start to switch between per-frame and per-scanline rendering and Left+Start to switch between alpha-lerp, flicker, and none for filtering?
In a future version, I will add a 'config file', and that will allow you to set up the short-cuts and something else...

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
One feature, which I don't know how hard it would be...

It would be nice if it allowed users to access DSi Mode.

Or at least read from the SD card.

Something Sudokuhax friendly, you know?

I would LOVE for the NES emu to be the first running on my DSi in DSi mode.

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Schlupi said:
One feature, which I don't know how hard it would be...
It would be nice if it allowed users to access DSi Mode.
Or at least read from the SD card.
Something Sudokuhax friendly, you know?
I would LOVE for the NES emu to be the first running on my DSi in DSi mode.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, huminghao, you're really working your butt off for this project!

It's great that DPCM is finally supported, MANY wanted that for YEARS.

Far as DSi Mode and Sudokuhax, I'll agree with huminghao there, he wants to focus on improvements everyone wants, not just a few. Everyone wanted DPCM, he did it.

It seems the most popular features requested after that are FDS support and pirate/multicart mappers support.

...but don't worry about them yet. Fix up DPCM if it's a problem, and if this project is taking a toll on your free time, feel free to take a break from it. We are all greatful for the work you're doing.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Sorry I know nothing about 'Sudokuhax'... I just searched 'DSi mode' on Google.. Do you want to load the 'nes roms' from DSi's SD card?
I dont think it is that important to users and I dont want to make any ds/dsl/idsl/dsi/3ds/dstwo.. specified project.
Before nesDS can access the DSi mode, I should firstly port the whole project to devkitPRO(especially libnds), that will take me a lot of time.
Until then, you can take the source to compile a version that runs in 'DSi mode' with the newest libnds.
There are too many figure requests on this project, and I also saw the 'Sudokuhax suggestion' on sourceforger.net, so do NOT push me...
At least using latest libnds in ARM7 and using libfat isn't difficult.
What is needed now is L+R+START+SELECT softreset, which is implemented in default arm7.
So let's use read/writePowerManagement() in libnds7...

#another problem is: how to use normal ds_arm9_crt0.s?

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I jus gave the new test rev a run, and the only game that I can get DPCM on is mario 3. I dodn't get any "sound crashes" like you said occured, though
smile.gif
Action 52 and 3 Stooges had no sound clips whatsoever ,just the native nes music, but I think they're PCM, not DPCM.

Still, great work!

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're the man huiminghao
yaynds.gif
! I've tried Ninja Gaiden, Kung Fu, Batman and the Contra games so far, and it's great to finally hear the music as intended.

locolol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
huiminghao said:
nl255 said:
Would it be possible to add two more shortcuts. Specifically, Right+Start to switch between per-frame and per-scanline rendering and Left+Start to switch between alpha-lerp, flicker, and none for filtering?
In a future version, I will add a 'config file', and that will allow you to set up the short-cuts and something else...

Ahhh! that would be great!
yaynds.gif
i would like to config the load/save state thing to be triggered using SELECT + DOWN to save and SELECT + UP to load my states
smile.gif
it feels kinda' weird for me to pause my game using the START button each time i want to load/save states
closedeyes.gif

keep up the good work huiminghao!
yaynds.gif
and thanks for your updates

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
Iceclaw said:
Would it be possible to add support for the 3 glider houses listed on the link below?
http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?c...;products_id=58
Virtuanes and Nestopia dont support them, so the answer is 'No'. I am not an expert on cracking roms...
mellow.gif

Yeah, I can definitely see that.

In the future, guys, here's something to consider;

If a game doesn't even run in FCEUX, It probably isn't going to run on a lesser emulator
tongue.gif

BTW, Huminghao, i'm not saying you need to do it anytime soon, but would it be as easy for you to add PCM as it was to add DPCM? in the future?

Iceclaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:
huiminghao said:
Iceclaw said:
Would it be possible to add support for the 3 glider houses listed on the link below?
Virtuanes and Nestopia dont support them, so the answer is 'No'. I am not an expert on cracking roms...
mellow.gif

If a game doesn't even run in FCEUX, It probably isn't going to run on a lesser emulator
tongue.gif

BTW, Huminghao, i'm not saying you need to do it anytime soon, but would it be as easy for you to add PCM as it was to add DPCM? in the future?

Its just a matter of someone actually wanting to support them, I figure, its basically a 'new mapper'... Or figuring out what hardware loop a real NES would jump out of that the emulators haven't been.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Iceclaw said:
personuser said:
huiminghao said:
Iceclaw said:
mellow.gif

tongue.gif

Its just a matter of someone actually wanting to support them, I figure, its basically a 'new mapper'... Or figuring out what hardware loop a real NES would jump out of that the emulators haven't been.
So get to work?

huiminghao

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
personuser said:

I dont know the meaning of 'PCM'. 4 channels plus DMC, is there other PCMs? Or do you mean the mapper specified sound?e.g. vc6, MMC5....
Those sounds are easier than DPCM, because them don't need any sync cycles, I mean emulation.
Okey, if you can tell me how to hear them, I will have a try to add them to nesDS... I can not add a figure that I could never see/hear.
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Iceclaw @ Mar 17 2011, 10:26 PM) Its just a matter of someone actually wanting to support them, I figure, its basically a 'new mapper'... Or figuring out what hardware loop a real NES would jump out of that the emulators haven't been.
Basicly, I have no interest in hacking a new nes game/mapper, so I wont do that(I even havent played those games...). You can ask some other 'Crazy guys' to do that... When they finished, I can port the 'mapper code' to nesDS
moogle.gif

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huiminghao said:
personuser said:

I dont know the meaning of 'PCM'. 4 channels plus DMC, is there other PCMs? Or do you mean the mapper specified sound?e.g. vc6, MMC5....
Those sounds are easier than DPCM, because them don't need any sync cycles, I mean emulation.
Okey, if you can tell me how to hear them, I will have a try to add them to nesDS... I can not add a figure that I could never see/hear.
rolleyes.gif

Okay, PCM refers to raw PCM sound, and it is VERY easy to hear because music can't play while it's running. DPCM can still have other sounds playing while in use, like SMB3's drums.

A good example is the game "three stooges or "action 52", both which work in NESDS besides the PCM sound. I'll use the 3 stooges here, because the sound plays right in the intro and you don't have to wait.

The best way to isolate PCM is to use/download FCEUX (currently the best PC NES emulator) ,The 3 Stooges NES game and set up this:

2zp5vs0.jpg

143288o.png

After the copyright screen, the stooges will walk up and you'll hear,

*record scratch*

"Hey fellas! We're in the wrong game!"
"Hey, this looks like a kid's game"
"you imbeciles!"

*smack* "ow!"

then you can always hear JUST the PCM track.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn