Hacking Updated using luma updater, now 3ds wont boot

Deleted member 370410

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds has been broken for a while so i haven't been able to use it, but after fixing it and updating using luma updater it gives me a black screen when i turn it on and i can't load payloads either

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My 3ds has been broken for a while so i haven't been able to use it, but after fixing it and updating using luma updater it gives me a black screen when i turn it on and i can't load payloads either
You have to use arm9loaderhax.bin.bak to replace the one updated by Luma updater it's in the root of SD.

Trophies
XP
Delete arm9loaderhax.bin, which will be on the root of your sd card, and remove the .bak part of arm9loaderhax.bin.bak. Ignore the message that it can make it unusable.

Deleted member 370410

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• layout.PNG
    layout.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 256

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be a faulty SD? I had this happen on a 3DS. When I replaced the SD I could boot payloads again and the system booted right up.

Edit: Also check SD is formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters.

Last edited by el_gonz87,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe that would make a difference. For many years, and through many more SD cards, I have never had a single issue with 32kb vs 64kb clusters.

Having the user go with the recommended format for 3DS is not a bad idea during troubleshooting...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn