Hacking Updated to Sys Menu 4.1, Wii went back to 3.2U

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the ultimate 4.1 guide on here after downgrading a 3.3U to 3.2U. I followed all instructions to the T and had no problems. I loaded Backup Loader Gamma and the newest USB Loader GX. All worked fine. I then attached my hard drive and loaded a few games. After testing all the games i noticed that i had to reset the Wii in order for the loader to work. After the last game i tested i noticed i was downgraded back to 3.2U.

What's going on here? This is not the first Wii i've softmodded and have never seen this. Any clues?

cIOS rev 14 was used.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange... Sounds like it never updated to 4.1 in the first place. Are you sure the Waninkoko updater installed correctly?

My other explanation is it could have been a "Wii Fairy" They use the magic of the Master Sword to randomly downgrade systems to 3.2 . The Wii Fairy is mostly harmless unless they infect LU64+ systems with Boot2v4. They brick those systems because they can't be downgraded.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed it sounds like you never upgraded in the first place. Maybe it errored out somewhere and you didn't notice.

With what you have now, you can just grab the Nintendo update and try to hack again using a more up to date guide. Check the one in my sig.

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty sure i updated to 4.1 as i do remember accessing the SD card via the little icon at the bottom of the system menu.. i suppose something did not install correctly. I'll try running the wanikoko installer again and see what happens

frazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your upgrade probably failed after the download, it can fail on installing system menu when going from 3.2

It would probably work if you installed IOS60 (ver 6174) first

Update to 4.0 first and then go to 4.1

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, which is it?? update officially through nintendo or update to 4.0 then 4.1 using wanikoko's installer?

if i oficially update will everything needed to run backup loader and usb loader gx still work?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one9gt said:
so, which is it?? update officially through nintendo or update to 4.0 then 4.1 using wanikoko's installer?

if i oficially update will everything needed to run backup loader and usb loader gx still work?
wanikoko's installer.

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also need to update to cIOS 14.
The previous version requires you to restart your Wii after every game you play, otherwise you just get a black screen.

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've already updated to cIOS 14. So all i need to do now is just update to 4.0->4.1.

geez.. i never had any problems when i used cIOS 10.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you updated straight to 4.1 from 3.2 with Waninkoko's updater without having IOS60 installed beforehand it most likely failed and never updated to begin with.

So yea just run the 4.0 updater and then the 4.1 updater.

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
interesting.... doesn't this install IOS60??

- taken from the ultimate 4.0 tutorial:

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know what you're doing, it's a lot easier to just use Nintendo's updater. Nothing bad will happen, you'll just have to reinstall some stuff. But since you're coming from 3.2 anyway, you'll need to reinstall new stuff anyway.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
one9gt said:
interesting.... doesn't this install IOS60??

- taken from the ultimate 4.0 tutorial:

12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.

Yes, which is why it should be put BEFORE the 4.1 updater step in that guide. That's one of the few flaws that guide has.

one9gt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the help folks... its just wierd, i've always used that guide on all the Wii's I mod and have never had that problem. I guess it's finally caught up to me on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm