Hacking Updated to 9.0.0 with cfw, but now i cant play my carts

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
are your cable inside connected properly so it haven't jumped off?
I would just use "Kosmos" from AtlasNX, then just download the Joonie86 patches. Inject Hekate when you boot.

Reactions: bilyso

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I tried updating to 9.1.0 again through ChoiDujourNX but that didn't do anything.
I think i know what happened to you... i've recently updated from 8.1 to 9.1 and had the same problem as you (i even used and launched cfw the same way as you did). So i've tried editing BCT.ini and noticed a strange thing, after i rebooted to fusee and checked my BCT file again, it looked fresh without my edited nogc line (as if something reset it). So the first thing i tried was editing it again and making it read-only and it worked LUL, end of the story.

Reactions: bilyso

ifrit05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I’m lost so do we want it enabled or disabled in order to be able to play game carts?

If nogc is enabled, the cart slot will not function at all.

From Atmosphere 9.4 release notes:
  • Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
    • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
    • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini.

bilyso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I recently realized is that while the game card slot works while I boot through Hekate/Kosmos, if I boot using just fusee-primary, skipping Hekate, The game card slot still doesn't work.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
One thing I recently realized is that while the game card slot works while I boot through Hekate/Kosmos, if I boot using just fusee-primary, skipping Hekate, The game card slot still doesn't work.
for fussee you need to edit BCT.ini in atmosphere/configs and it will work

Ctre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue but I’m on 9.2 I skipped 9.0...can’t Read cart... changed the ini by the name you stared, now located at atmosphere/config. Booted up, no results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same thing for me but I changed it and got no results. I’m on 9.2 though. I edited .ini file (now in config) but still no game card.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I have the same issue but I’m on 9.2 I skipped 9.0...can’t Read cart... changed the ini by the name you stared, now located at atmosphere/config. Booted up, no results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same thing for me but I changed it and got no results. I’m on 9.2 though. I edited .ini file (now in config) but still no game card.
How do you start your CFW? And show your BCT.ini config.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the same issue being on 9.1.0.
Changing the setting to off in henkate did nothing when booting fuseeprimary

So I edited the BCT.ini file in the atmosphere folder and added "nogc = 0" at the end.

I'll pick having the slot functioning on recent firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land