Hacking Question updated to 8.0.1with Choidujournx & atmosphere 8.1.10 Black Screen-Fatal error

MisterPig2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

After installed 8.0.1(from 7.0.1) with Choidujournx and i did choose ExFat update. Swicth reboots and I can't even boot my switch because I get an error saying "Fatal Error: inappropriate kernel embedded ini context"

I installed the lastest version of atmosphere and I tried to run it with the primary fusee.bin payload but still got the same message error,

I also use a separate SD (format ExFat 32 with the latest Kosmos files) it was black screen after Nintendo logo.

I am running out of option now, Please help this newb.

Thank you

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, second time,im writing something to this Forum^^ soo lets start.
"Why you guys,have so much trouble with your console?" ..that question ive readed many times here,but the answer is always the same..so let me explain,what you need todo if you want to update your console to newest versions.:

0. Dont update Hekate (!)
1. Dont update atmosphere (!)
2. Dont update ReiNX payload (!)
3. Dont update SEPT (!)
4. Dont Replace any (already working files,on your SDcard with "new files"(!)
~ No Homebrew.nro
~ No LockPick.nro
~ Just stay at the files what are already woking and on your SDcard.
5. Get the googledrive link to "supported" OFW-packs for your console (no matter if USa or EUr or even JPn).
6. always update and read what your clicking on Chojdujur! (if you install it as you wish, read what it says @(info))
7. Keep in mind, somebody always updates there version of all files "what are needed" for newer FWvrsion to work.. thats Bullshit.
8. Just update your console, nomatter with what version.
9. when done, dont "standby" it, just press powerbutton (30sec) [not 12sec] to realy shut it down. {its like you removing the battery from your phone}
10. Enjoy!

*i have tryed many times to fix these kinds of errors ,what comes with "updated" files on my sdcard,and nothing worked..
so i made one fatal mistake, have no backup (old)sdcard and jsut replaced all old files with newones (the updated ones),and my console get near brick bcs of it.

so i found an old (Googledrive backup) before i just updated my console to 6.2.0.. ive used these files, just updated ReiNx and Hekate to 7.0.1 and Ofw too.
and now im on 7.0.1 without any probelms/errors/Troubles!
then when 8.0.x has released,i already update my console to it, (but without changing my old files on my sd card),and it went good. Now im staying on 8.0.1 wihtout any changes on my SDcard,and without any problems, all is working, even not needed to replace the payload(boot).bin on my dongle.

if you need more help about,what i have done to gt it working,without anything, just write me a Pm.

Reactions: zxr750j

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm on 6.2 Atmos (Fat32), I saw 8.0.1 was out so I followed steps 0-4 and then skipped 5-9 and then continued with 10. Seems to work for me.
best way, dont update or even replace old files (they working), expand/add new files to it,but dont replace any of them, and it will work. and that for sure. :D

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
"Why you guys,have so much trouble with your console?" ..that question ive readed many times here,but the answer is always the same..so let me explain,what you need todo if you want to update your console to newest versions.:

3. Dont update SEPT (!)
~ No Homebrew.nro
~ No LockPick.nro
5. Get the googledrive link to "supported" OFW-packs for your console (no matter if USa or EUr or even JPn).
6. always update and read what your clicking on Chojdujur! (if you install it as you wish, read what it says @(info))
7. Keep in mind, somebody always updates there version of all files "what are needed" for newer FWvrsion to work.. thats Bullshit.
9. when done, dont "standby" it, just press powerbutton (30sec) [not 12sec] to realy shut it down. {its like you removing the battery from your phone}
10. Enjoy!

*i have tryed many times to fix these kinds of errors ,what comes with "updated" files on my sdcard,and nothing worked..
so i made one fatal mistake, have no backup (old)sdcard and jsut replaced all old files with newones (the updated ones),and my console get near brick bcs of it.

so i found an old (Googledrive backup) before i just updated my console to 6.2.0.. ive used these files, just updated ReiNx and Hekate to 7.0.1 and Ofw too.
then when 8.0.x has released,i already update my console to it, (but without changing my old files on my sd card),and it went good. Now im staying on 8.0.1 wihtout any changes on my SDcard,and without any problems, all is working, even not needed to replace the payload(boot).bin on my dongle.

if you need more help about,what i have done to gt it working,without anything, just write me a Pm.
You never need to update a payload since it's only required for the exploit. The changes are done to the files which you put on the micro sd card. Also I am not sure why you write that you shouldn't update Atmosphere? The first thing before updating is to use the latest Kosmos package because otherwise your switch wont boot after update. Also sometimes you need to update homebrew applications like LockPick because they wont work for newer firmware versions.

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's really nice that you write in German but we need to write in English in this forum. ;)
So your console is on 8.0.x? Which atmosphere version are you using to boot? I think you can check that in the system settings (Console information).

im sorry, its hard to write down in english^^
but, no. i cant lookout the version what im using to run on 8. bcs in sys-info only stays "Current version: 8.0.2" ,and thats all about it.
but,let me see the others too.:
Homebrews:
Hb 3.0.0
TinFoil 0.2.1
RnX toolkit 1.3.1
Lockpick 1.2.2
Cores:
Atmosphère 0.8.4
hekate - CTCaer mod v4.9.1
ReiNX 2.1

that are the current (working) files on my sdc. (on 8.0.2 cfw)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
im sorry, its hard to write down in english^^
but, no. i cant lookout the version what im using to run on 8. bcs in sys-info only stays "Current version: 8.0.2" ,and thats all about it.
but,let me see the others too.:
Homebrews:
Hb 3.0.0
TinFoil 0.2.1
RnX toolkit 1.3.1
Lockpick 1.2.2
Cores:
Atmosphère 0.8.4
hekate - CTCaer mod v4.9.1
ReiNX 2.1

that are the current (working) files on my sdc. (on 8.0.2 cfw)
Well, atmosphere supports 8.0.0 since version 0.8.8. That's weird why it works for you with version 0.8.4.

MisterPig2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

3. Dont update SEPT (!)
~ No Homebrew.nro
~ No LockPick.nro
10. Enjoy!

Hi i press and hold power 30 sec - set AutoRcm off. Now Nintendo Logo appears and goes blackscreen.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thank you

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got this from someone in Reddit with apparently the same error as you (others mentioned it fixed for them):
"Delete the 2 folders on your SD card atmosphere comes with then copy the new ones over. Fixed my issue (don't delete switch folder)" - Skelitonlord

I understand that you should delete "atmosphere" and "sept" folder, and add them again at the latest official version.

It could be a problem related to custom themes as well, if you have any installed. Then, you should delete the theme folder (atmosphere/titles/0100000000001000 and / or 0100000000000811). However, the above solution would also fix that, since you would delete the entire atmosphere folder.

Please report if you fix your issue. That way, other people with the same problem could find a solution when opening your thread.

Last edited by CassioAug,

Swiminaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, atmosphere supports 8.0.0 since version 0.8.8. That's weird why it works for you with version 0.8.4.

thats, my friend, because, if you update cfw to 8.0.x , you boot with "sept" (not atmosphere) anymore. im not sure now,but isnt Sept, the new atmosphere? ^^
anyway, that old atmosphere was just on the sdc (if sept keep blocking boot) onto 8.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
thats, my friend, because, if you update cfw to 8.0.x , you boot with "sept" (not atmosphere) anymore. im not sure now,but isnt Sept, the new atmosphere? ^^
anyway, that old atmosphere was just on the sdc (if sept keep blocking boot) onto 8.
Sept is a key derivation algorithm which has been added to Atmosphere since version 0.8.4. It's not replacing Atmosphere but a feature of it. You can read more about here.

MisterPig2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got this from someone in Reddit with apparently the same error as you (others mentioned it fixed for them):
"Delete the 2 folders on your SD card atmosphere comes with then copy the new ones over. Fixed my issue (don't delete switch folder)" - Skelitonlord

I understand that you should delete "atmosphere" and "sept" folder, and add them again at the latest official version.

It could be a problem related to custom themes as well, if you have any installed. Then, you should delete the theme folder (atmosphere/titles/0100000000001000 and / or 0100000000000811). However, the above solution would also fix that, since you would delete the entire atmosphere folder.

Please report if you fix your issue. That way, other people with the same problem could find a solution when opening your thread.

Hi i delete the 2 folders on my SD car (Atmosphere and Sept) and add all the file at the latest official version.
I keep getting an error at the atmosphere logo stating "
Error: Fatal Error:inappropriate kernel embedded ini context".

Am i deep trouble?

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I honestly don't know. May I suggest you to take a look in AtlasNX support discord?
https://discordapp.com/invite/deM2KrG
It's the official Atmosphere/Kosmos discord server.

Please, try it there. And if you find a solution let me know. I'm talking to a person right now with the exact same problem, and he's having a hard time trying to fix it.

antinoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

"Fatal Error: inappropriate kernel embedded ini context"

Yesterday I discovered the solution for this problem: After restoring my rawnand in 7.0.1 from a nand in 8.0.1, this message began to appear, but it dissapeared when I also restored Boot0/Boot1.

I guess you have to restore these two things in your console, nothing about not updating atmosphere, hekate, replacing NSPs, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.