ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
I can't even try to resume following the guide. When I try to start the system menu with IOS70 I get corrupt message. I can't select IOS 249 anymore because it is vanished! I tried selecting 30 and 60, they both show blackscreen and nothing else.

I can't even start HBC from preloader, it says: Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?

Any more suggestions before I throw the damn thing out of the window?
sigh, your thinking about this thing too hard.

autoboot this .dol from preloader by putting it on the root of your sd card

run the 4.2 cboot2 method to get cIOS back into your system.
then go straightly to wad manager to install the system menu 4.2 .wad you can get from NUSD.

I erased everything from the SD card, put the boot.dol file in it, when I select Installed File on preloader, it says Error autobooting file, try reinstalling! Could not open file! When I select Load/Install file it says ...d! find any executable files in the root of the SD car.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ktorpil said:
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
I can't even try to resume following the guide. When I try to start the system menu with IOS70 I get corrupt message. I can't select IOS 249 anymore because it is vanished! I tried selecting 30 and 60, they both show blackscreen and nothing else.

I can't even start HBC from preloader, it says: Error autobooting HBC, maybe title not installed?

Any more suggestions before I throw the damn thing out of the window?
sigh, your thinking about this thing too hard.

autoboot this .dol from preloader by putting it on the root of your sd card

run the 4.2 cboot2 method to get cIOS back into your system.
then go straightly to wad manager to install the system menu 4.2 .wad you can get from NUSD.

I erased everything from the SD card, put the boot.dol file in it, when I select Installed File on preloader, it says Error autobooting file, try reinstalling! Could not open file! When I select Load/Install file it says ...d! find any executable files in the root of the SD car.
try renaming
the boot.dol to
something else like hbc.dol

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

I renamed it to hbc.dol, omigod.dol, runplease.dol, ohforfsake.dol and several other inappropriate to the board policy names but it still does not want to load...

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ktorpil said:
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

I renamed it to hbc.dol, omigod.dol, runplease.dol, ohforfsake.dol and several other inappropriate to the board policy names but it still does not want to load...
have to tried to load other programs through preloader

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

Tried HBB -fail
Tried Wad manager -fail
Tried some other version of HBC -fail
Tried DOP-IOS -fail

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ktorpil said:
OK so I started your guide all over from the beginning and it gave an error when I tried to install IOS250-64-v65280.wad . Tried a couple of times, didn't work. I uninstalled it first then it installed than I uninstalled it and proceeded to uninstall other wads. Pressed home button to return to HBC, it didn't, system menu came briefly and THE SYSTEM FILES ARE CORRUPTED error came
smile.gif
Lol indeed.

I'll now try Waninkoko's updater BUT I first want to restore my backed up NAND. And I STILL DON'T KNOW how to do it. Help?

Try reading his guide correctly first.

No where in the guide does it tell you to install ios250-64-65280.wad.

You are supposed to uninstall it along with three other wad files.

IOS222-64-v65280.wad
IOS223-64-v65280.wad
IOS249-64-v65280.wad

These are all stub files that nintendo released to kill homebrew.

Let me guess while you were at it you probably uninstalled the ios70 wad that's included in the guide as well.

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

Ok xzxero, my patient friend, I selected System menu IOS as 202 from preloader settings and system menu came up finally. Every channel including SD channels is fine, both older and newer PAL backups run fine, NTSCs don't, HBC runs fine.

As soon as I enable any preloader hack, wii keeps restarting itself.

Ran nintendo's internet updater twice, preloader and HBC were unaffected, stood right there, changing IOS to 70 gave the same error so I stick to 202 right now.

I played some Wii and GC games (it even ran an NTSC GC backup fine), surfed the net, browsed the shopping channel, played a couple of VC/Wiiware games from the SD card, downloaded a PAL version of an NTSC backup, it ran flawlessly.

At this point, I'm considering taking heed of an ancient Chinese proverb: "If something works, don't fiddle with it" and setting the preloader to autoboot system menu using IOS202, disabling all hacks.

1- What will happen if I uninstalled preloader? Will it cause the system menu to run from IOS70 (which obviously, can't)?
2- If I deleted IOS70, how is it possible that my wii runs so flawlessly (aside from being unable to load NTSC backups)?
3- Why doesn't nintendo's updater do anything? And if I'm on 4.2, why do I get system update available notification everytime?
4- To be on the safe side and install any missing/corrupted IOSes, should I again use a guide to updating my Wii to 4,2?
5- If yes, what will my starting point be? Should I consider myself on 4.1 or 4.2 (wii settings menu shows 4.2E) ?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ktorpil said:
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

Ok xzxero, my patient friend, I selected System menu IOS as 202 from preloader settings and system menu came up finally. Every channel including SD channels is fine, both older and newer PAL backups run fine, NTSCs don't, HBC runs fine.

Ran nintendo's internet updater twice, preloader and HBC were unaffected, stood right there, changing IOS to 70 gave the same error so I stick to 202 right now.

I played some Wii and GC games (it even ran an NTSC GC backup fine), surfed the net, browsed the shopping channel, played a couple of VC/Wiiware games from the SD card, downloaded a PAL version of an NTSC backup, it ran flawlessly.

At this point, I'm considering taking heed of an ancient Chinese proverb: "If something works, don't fiddle with it" and setting the preloader to autoboot system menu using IOS202, disabling all hacks.

1- What will happen if I uninstalled preloader? Will it cause the system menu to run from IOS70 (which obviously, can't)?
2- If I deleted IOS70, how is it possible that my wii runs so flawlessly (aside from being unable to load NTSC backups)?
3- Why doesn't nintendo's updater do anything? And if I'm on 4.2, why do I get system update available notification everytime?
4- To be on the safe side and install any missing/corrupted IOSes, should I again use a guide to updating my Wii to 4,2?
5- If yes, what will my starting point be? Should I consider myself on 4.1 or 4.2 (wii settings menu shows 4.2E) ?
never delete an IOS.
get into wad manager and install the system menu wad 4.2

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
xzxero said:
ktorpil said:
QUOTE said:
try renaming
the boot.dol to

never delete an IOS.
get into wad manager and install the system menu wad 4.2

I know this, and never did it. Somehow IOS 70 got deleted or corrupted while I was following the guide (I'm not saying it's my or your fault, these things happen I guess)

OK so I'm now going to try to find system menu wad 4.2 and install it. Hopefully everything will be OK...

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to find the wad file and I know it's against the TOS to post a link to it here. Is it ok that I've used Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.2 instead?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you make the wad with NUSD

extract from NUSDv12.zip and open this program up

Check "pack -> wad" on the bottom first
chek.png

and on the top where it says "database"
27840140.png
click &

navigate to system, system menu, choose v449 [v450 4.1e for pal users] and click start NUS Download. [Installing 4.1U]

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero - doesn't he also need the oldest version of IOS60 as well? He said in an earlier post that he did an official nintendo update. The official update would have replaced his IOS60 with a stub; therefore, if he only installs the sys menu 4.1 wad, he'll brick and preloader will be uninstalled.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xfcrowman said:
xzxero - doesn't he also need the oldest version of IOS60 as well? He said in an earlier post that he did an official nintendo update. The official update would have replaced his IOS60 with a stub; therefore, if he only installs the sys menu 4.1 wad, he'll brick and preloader will be uninstalled.
yes your right, he should also get IOS 60 v6174 and install that before he install the system menu 4.1
good eye.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point it might be best for the guy to restore to his NAND backup. But then again I guess even that's a risk if he only has BootMii/IOS. Bah.

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
xfcrowman said:
yes your right, he should also get IOS 60 v6174 and install that before he install the system menu 4.1
good eye.

OK so I downloaded both the IOS60 v6174 and system menu 4.1E and packed them into wads using the tool you gave me.

Chose IOS 202 to run wad manager (it didn't on 249).

Installed IOS60

Installed system menu 4.1E

Restarted wii, preloder didn't show up, system menu came, checked, I am on 4.1E.

I am now able to run every channel including HBC and NTSC/PAL backups fine.

Wiiware titles run fine from the SD card but VC titles DON'T! I tried copying one to the system menu, it said the data may not have been copied, and it didn't.

Maybe I'm missing an IOS? Or perhaps I have trucha bug enabled? Should I do the 4.1 part of your guide?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay!! I was right!!

Ridding of preloader (along with other things) fixed it!!
tongue.gif

About the VC titles, did they work fine before? Maybe they are of different region?

Tip: Use an emulator.
wink.gif

ktorpil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
Yay!! I was right!!

Ridding of preloader (along with other things) fixed it!!
tongue.gif

About the VC titles, did they work fine before? Maybe they are of different region?

Tip: Use an emulator.
wink.gif

Yes they worked fine on 4.2. They're PAL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.