Hacking Updated to 4.1U and rev14 and now can't play backups from Disc cha

mcellycell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my wii in a while so i'm not sure if I remembered everything I had on it but I decided to update my wii to 4.1U with Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1 and I also used Waninkoko's Custom IOS38 rev 14 installer to update as well from 4.0U and rev9(i think it was somewhere around there). Everything seemed fine at first, I can put a backup in and it'll come up in the disc channel but when I start it, it gives me a blue screen with a 002 or something. If I put a gamecube backup in and start it, it goes to the GC backup launcher like normal and plays fine. I went to homebrew channel and tried to load the Wii backup from a backup channel from there as well and it gives a 002 error. So I browsed around and I found Neogamma r7 and it works fine for every backup except Conduit, and only from the homebrew channel. I still can't load any backups from the disc channel. So i'm wondering if I made a mistake somewhere or is this a problem others are having and should I just be patient and wait for a solution to arise? Also is anyone else having trouble with a Conduit backup, when I use Neogamma it gives me an error somewhere along the lines of turn off the power and refer to manual or something?

pm_41

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
First, install Preloader amd put the latest "hacks.ini" file at the root of your SD card.

Second, using Preloader, switch your System Menu's IOS to 249. (You won't be able to access your Wii's settings under 249, though.)

Thirdly, enable the "IOS reload (to 249)" hack.

This will enable most backups to be loaded via the Disc Channel. However, some backups (e.g. IOS reloading games) need NeoGamma to run.

And about your Conduit problem, you may be missing an IOS.
smile.gif

mcellycell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I did exactly what you said and it worked. Thank you very much pm_41, I really appreciate the help. I only tried about 4 different backups but each worked except Conduit, now it gives the 002 error when I tried to start it from the Disc Channel. I'll worry about that later, i'm just glad that it loads from the Disc Channel again. Also, if I want to access my wii settings again should I just use preloader to switch back to IOS60?

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
swith preloader to ios60 again and install cIOSCORP v3.2... all games should work from the disc channel now and the settings won't freeze... try to make a NAND backup first... in my opinion it's pretty safe to install cIOSCORP but better be safe than sorry... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172349

P.S. check ChokeD's signature as the link got deleted from the thread

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dude its sketchy recommending cioscorp to noobs
if they brick their wii they're coming after you!

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amen. CiosCORP isn't special (and not on any Wii I ever mod.) If you want a one click game disc start, look into SoftChip with Autostart enabled. Highly recommended over CiosCORP's hack and slash approach to system IOS files.

mcellycell

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
Yes. (I assume you figured out changing Wii settings under IOS249 sporadically freezes, right?
tongue.gif
)

Lol yeah I was wondering what was going on, but I came back and read that it happens which relieved me. I thought I had made a mistake.

QUOTE(dajavax @ Aug 9 2009, 03:38 PM) swith preloader to ios60 again and install cIOSCORP v3.2... all games should work from the disc channel now and the settings won't freeze... try to make a NAND backup first... in my opinion it's pretty safe to install cIOSCORP but better be safe than sorry... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172349

P.S. check ChokeD's signature as the link got deleted from the thread

Thanks but for the moment all the backups I have work just fine so i'll leave it the way it is for now. I would like to make a backup of my NAND seeing as how everyone is saying that I should have it just in case of a brick. So....any recommendations?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1