Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a problem with an DSi enhanced game
Fire Emblem Shin Monshou no Nazo
the game shows up perfectly fine in the menu
it even starts normal loading but after that it just stops showing me an error screen.
and its not working on my DSlite either
tried both on my XL and DSlite

i'm not sure what i could try to fix that any help pls?

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to unbrick my ackecard, cause it ain't showing op in my DSi. So i used this file: ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds.
But progress stays at 0%. I just noticed that in the tut you're working with HW8181 mine is 4444. So i guess that's the problem.
Is there a special update file (ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds) for 4444??
I know there's a one for the single update: ak2ifw_update_hw44.nds.

Specs:
AK2i
Chip ID: b8cd16be
HW: 4444

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^^^ You probably need to ask Normmatt in the #Acekard IRC channel.

Your Chip ID does mean it's bricked. I'm not aware of there being a seperate Danny Phantom patch for the 44 carts. ak2ifw_update_hw44.nds is the language update, if there's a DSL version of that somewhere that too could be used to unbrick. What you could do is download ak2ifw_update_hw44.nds & ak2ifw_update_hw81.nds and compare the differences, see if you are able to apply the differences to the Danny Phantom update.

Also try the original Danny Phantom patch http://www.mediafire.com/?1xquh1ymjjx

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tk_saturn said:
^^^ You probably need to ask Normmatt in the #Acekard IRC channel.

Your Chip ID does mean it's bricked. I'm not aware of there being a seperate Danny Phantom patch for the 44 carts. ak2ifw_update_hw44.nds is the language update, if there's a DSL version of that somewhere that too could be used to unbrick. What you could do is download ak2ifw_update_hw44.nds & ak2ifw_update_hw81.nds and compare the differences, see if you are able to apply the differences to the Danny Phantom update.

Also try the original Danny Phantom patch http://www.mediafire.com/?1xquh1ymjjx
Thanx for the reply, unfortunately no luck. Just ordered a 2nd AKi. Hopefully i can unbrick it with that...

Story so far:
Prior to the cart not working i updated to AKAIO 1.71, played a game. Powered off the DSi and then charged the battery. The next day upon starting the DSi and clicking the Danny Phantom Logo i got an error message on screen and that's it, after that it showed "There is no card inserted..." very strange :wacko

Aplatypus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok ive followed this guide piece by piece, and still it isnt working. Heres whats up. I own a DSi and i need to upgrade the firmware to 1.4, but whenever i go to boot the acekard it says "weve ran into a error please refer to the nintendo ds manual". I cant boot up the 1.4 firmware if it keeps doing this. HELP!

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As it states at the top of this guide

QUOTE said:
In order for the Acekard 2i to work on a DSi or DSi XL with FirmWare version 1.4, you need to update the Acekard's internal firmware. This can only be done using a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare version =< 1.3. All new DSi's or DSi XL's will come with FW1.4 preinstalled, so if you don't have access to a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare =< 1.3 you *must* purchase your Acekard 2i from a retailer such as ShopTemp who will preupdate the Acekard so it's compatible with FW1.4 as part of their Premium Update + Flashing Service

Sora278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I've read all the thread and I think I've got a contact issue with my Micro SD card (SD 2GB Toshiba Japan).

I've received my acekard2i today. I put the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's side 3rd story inside and got a blank screen. (It seems that's a common problem with the rom)

Then, I've started again my DS lite and it was stuck on the "loading screen". I've formatted my acekard and tried different OS (Akaio 1.7.1 and official)... nothing different.

Then I've tried it with another SD card (SDC 4GB), still the same. (So I don't think it comes from the Toki-Memo3 rom)

So... In the guide, there is a lot of "paper tricks" for the contact issues between the acekard and the DS but what should I do to solve the contact issue between the SD card and the acekard ?

PS : The acekard is recognized but the DS lite (tried it) and when I took off the SD card from the acekard and start the ds lite, there was still the loading screen so I think it really is the contact issue...

If anyone has questions, suggestions, solutions about my problem, I'll listen everything !

And.... Thanks for the guide !

tk_saturn

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try placing a single strip of tape over the label (ie opposite side of the contacts) on the MicroSD card. Otherwise it's a case of opening up the cart (not that easy) and investigating the MicroSD card contacts.

It's possible if you use a camera you might be able to get a shot of the contacts without opening the shell.

When I get round to it, I will take some close up photos of the MicroSD card slot for comparision purposes.

Sora278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
unsure.gif
Operation "strip of tape"....fail.

I put one strip of tape...fail..another one...fail...Until the cart was tightly into the acekard. Nothing happened.
sad.gif

I'm going to send a mail to the online shop where I've bought it. I don't want to open the acekard if I"m not sure they won't take it back if I do it. I don't want to spend 45 euros into another acekard...
frown.gif

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
awesome guide, and im pretty sure that once the fix for 1.4.1 comes out it will go up on this guide or the front page, highly doubt its front page tho... and i have to add a very small thing, google chrome translator actually works 0.o
yhea offtopic but its pretty nice to know those tough english words in swedish...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k