Hacking Updated and Broke Luma 3DS!

LeonHikari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I picked up a 3DS the other day and decided to jump feet first into modding it. It was running 11.2.0 so I decided to follow the soundhax tutorial. I went through the entire tutorial and made it out fine. Later on that evening I decided to update the console to the latest firmware and now it wants to run Luma3DS config on every boot. When I try hit start to close it, it just winds up hanging and freezes. This happens when it is run from both the SD card -and- NAND. It still will boot when I hold down L and go into the home menu but I'm currently trying to fix this and I'm stuck. I've deleted both sets of Luma config files and that does nothing, and I even tried uninstalling CFW with Godmode9 which won't even let me press the keys to do it.

Help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I picked up a 3DS the other day and decided to jump feet first into modding it. It was running 11.2.0 so I decided to follow the soundhax tutorial. I went through the entire tutorial and made it out fine. Later on that evening I decided to update the console to the latest firmware and now it wants to run Luma3DS config on every boot. When I try hit start to close it, it just winds up hanging and freezes. This happens when it is run from both the SD card -and- NAND. It still will boot when I hold down L and go into the home menu but I'm currently trying to fix this and I'm stuck. I've deleted both sets of Luma config files and that does nothing, and I even tried uninstalling CFW with Godmode9 which won't even let me press the keys to do it.

Help!
Don't uninstall CFW when something is wrong, it rarely helps and might brick your 3DS.

LeonHikari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't uninstall CFW when something is wrong, it rarely helps and might brick your 3DS.

Yeah I'm discovering the issue isn't with the bootloader itself, it's with Luma3DS chaining into the 3DS home menu. Like I said, it works when I hold L down but no matter what setting I change in the config it just sits there and hangs. Doesn't matter if it's running from the SD Card or NAND.

When I hold down L and boot, it does seem to show all of the Luma features as well.

Reactions: BaamAlex

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm discovering the issue isn't with the bootloader itself, it's with Luma3DS chaining into the 3DS home menu. Like I said, it works when I hold L down but no matter what setting I change in the config it just sits there and hangs. Doesn't matter if it's running from the SD Card or NAND.

When I hold down L and boot, it does seem to show all of the Luma features as well.
When you turn on the system while holding Select, which version of Luma3DS is displayed at the top of the configuration settings screen?

LeonHikari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.1.3 for both SD card and NAND. It also boots to the same screen without holding select.

EDIT: Also, when going into the home screen holding L, all of my apps that I've installed (homebrew launcher etc) work fine. What doesn't work fine is trying to load up the Rosalina menu, that hangs the system instantly.

Last edited by LeonHikari,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not. I've only installed Godmode9 and Luma3DS following the guide.
When turning on the 3DS system → holding (SELECT) button → Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration, do these options appear in the list?
  • ( ) Autoboot EmuNAND
  • ( ) Use EmuNAND FIRM if booting with R

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all.
FBI install the CIA version of 3DSident-GUI, or access the 3DSX version with Rosalina menu injection of Homebrew Launcher.
While running 3DSident-GUI, press the (START) + (SELECT) buttons together to gain access to the button tester. Check if any of the buttons are broken pressing down by themselves.

Edit - If you can't gain access to Rosalina menu due to broken button, see CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Remap Rosalina combo or Inject HBL to Camera.

LeonHikari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well well well, ain't that something! It says my select button is being held down. Very strange that this didn't flag the first time I set up Luma3DS on the system but it definitely makes sense since select is the key you have to hold down to start up the system.

I assume cleaning the contact would be the next order of business.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well well well, ain't that something! It says my select button is being held down. Very strange that this didn't flag the first time I set up Luma3DS on the system but it definitely makes sense since select is the key you have to hold down to start up the system.

I assume cleaning the contact would be the next order of business.
Depending on which model this is, you may need to get a replacement rubber pads or conductive contact patch sticker.
When cleaning, please use toothbrush and isopropyl rubbing alcohol (70% is okay, 91% is recommended, assuming this product is acquirable due to CV), and blow dryer set to low fan + low heat settings with sweeping motions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.