Hacking Update Wii without internet?

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to simply burn an update partition to a Disc and run it to update the Wii, assuming it's got cIOSCorp, a modchip, or some kind of loader installed? I don't want to download an entire game and my Wii doesn't have internet access. I want to go from 3.2 -> 4.2. Could someone link me to a 4.2 update?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As long as you know what's included, you can use NUS Downloader to download and pack System Menu and IOS wads on your computer and then install them using any WAD Manager on your Wii.

Installing the newest IOS70 and IOS61 and then installing the 4.2 system menu for your region grants you all of the benefits of updating without any overwritten or stubbed IOSes. IOS70 FIRST.

EDIT: if you need to trucha-patch the IOSes, read up on the DOP-IOS page on how you can use NUS-downloaded files to perform offline installation and patching.

gameking66

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
As long as you know what's included, you can use NUS Downloader to download and pack System Menu and IOS wads on your computer and then install them using any WAD Manager on your Wii.

Installing the newest IOS70 and IOS61 and then installing the 4.2 system menu for your region grants you all of the benefits of updating without any overwritten or stubbed IOSes. IOS70 FIRST.

EDIT: if you need to trucha-patch the IOSes, read up on the DOP-IOS page on how you can use NUS-downloaded files to perform offline installation and patching.
I'm using this for SNEEK. I've attempted to update the SysMenu and Install IOS70 via NUSD/ShowMiiNAND, yet for some reason SNEEK blackscreens post-update, but works fine with my original dump. I've heard reports of success when doing an official update, so I'm trying to find a way to update otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay