Update Wii without internet?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gameking66, Apr 2, 2010.

Apr 2, 2010
  1. gameking66
    OP

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is it possible to simply burn an update partition to a Disc and run it to update the Wii, assuming it's got cIOSCorp, a modchip, or some kind of loader installed? I don't want to download an entire game and my Wii doesn't have internet access. I want to go from 3.2 -> 4.2. Could someone link me to a 4.2 update?

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    As long as you know what's included, you can use NUS Downloader to download and pack System Menu and IOS wads on your computer and then install them using any WAD Manager on your Wii.

Installing the newest IOS70 and IOS61 and then installing the 4.2 system menu for your region grants you all of the benefits of updating without any overwritten or stubbed IOSes. IOS70 FIRST.

EDIT: if you need to trucha-patch the IOSes, read up on the DOP-IOS page on how you can use NUS-downloaded files to perform offline installation and patching.

3. Assassination

Member Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

Japan
    Install Version 4.2(More Hacking options)
    but use NUS Downloader or Wad Manager but i prefer NUS Downloader and install with DOP-Mii

4. gameking66
    OP

Member gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm using this for SNEEK. I've attempted to update the SysMenu and Install IOS70 via NUSD/ShowMiiNAND, yet for some reason SNEEK blackscreens post-update, but works fine with my original dump. I've heard reports of success when doing an official update, so I'm trying to find a way to update otherwise.