Hacking Update system menu

Pat1487

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have system menu 3.3u (i think), its v353 in priiloader which isnt supported by priiloader
So i want to update to a version that is supported by priiloader
But i dont want to lose anything i already have (like bootmii on boot2, or any of my homebrew), and obviously i dont want to brick my wii
I made my wii able to use homebrew over a year ago which is why i have such an old system menu

EDIT: Ive successfully updated to 4.1 from 3.3, the only thing i had to reinstall was priiloader
Thanks to everyone that posted here

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you install the latest Hackmii installer,and make a backup,you should have no worries.
I suggest updating(trhough priiloader or wads) to 4.1.

Pat1487

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i just use the wad for the 4.1 system menu that Nus downloader makes, or do i need the right ios's before i install it?
If i do that will it replace cios 249, and 222 with stubs?
Will i have to re install the homebrew channel and other custom channels?
Will i lose bootmii on boot2?
Will i lose the ability to run homebrew all together and have to re-do bannerbomb?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you install a System Menu WAD, the ONLY thing it modifies is the menu itself, meaning you'll still have the same system IOSes you had on 3.3, but you now have the SD card icon on the menu, basically. You can get WADs of the IOSes you want to install, too. I just suggest you make a NAND backup before doing any of this.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're installing systemmenu 4, 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 via wads, make absolutely certain you have the ios that it requires (60,70 or 80) otherwise you better have a bootmii backup. Also, you're going to need to resintall priiloader if you reinstall a systemmenu wad. Like someone else mentioned, update your hackmii stuff (HBC and Bootmii) first and you'll save yourself some trouble.

Pat1487

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used multi-mod manager to install ios 60 and system menu 4.1, seemed to work great

Thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: F