[UPDATE] Super Mario Run Coming for iOS (Android Later)

rdicl2ioa7ia7edycnhw.png

Making a surprise appearance at today's Apple conference, Nintendo’s very own Shigeru Miyamoto announced Super Mario Run for iOS. It will be a runner game borrowing New Super Mario Bros' graphics.

[Update]Below are some in-game screenshots from the conference:

b6ql99rhn5sdqnxnwgoe.jpg n9h3yyoh74brnddo5rzu.png sz3ohtfvlv8npvtwxy07.png

It’ll be a paid app—not free-to-play—and Nintendo says it’s “coming soon” to the App Store, probably out by this holiday.

[Update 2] Speaking to Kotaku, Nintendo added the following: “We do intend to release the game on Android devices at some point in the future.”

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a deal with Apple for a customized version of IOS for the NX.
Really? IMO the majority would be quite surprised if/when they would find out their game console is running iOS. (Where's the App Store? And the SIM card slot?)

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Depends on how they price it, I guess.

It's not a real Mario game, after all, not that I ever want such a thing on a shitty platform.

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
You know this game is a flop because after 6 hours or whatever the biggest video on youtube with the topic Super Mario Run has only 20,000 views and it isn't even in english.

The Trailer only has 15,000 views:

Will see if the hype picks up tomorrow.

Reactions: osirisjem

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$1.99 for double jump, $0.99 for 5 green mushroom, $0.99 for peach float jump, etc.
I really hope it would like those Rayman games.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, a one finger game on a cell phone... cant do much with one finger, it had to be a *run-type of a game... I like the smooth moves that mario started to pull, I hope they implement those on upcoming NX mario games.

Hey what happened to the fantasy life 2 game?

Oh Fantasy Life, one of the best games I have ever played on my n3ds, I love it! I wish they had released a second* DLC.. Under which I am trying to hack my save to re-play the main history with out losing character progress...Anyway.. Too bad Fantasy Life 2 will be a dumb-ass-city-ville-type clone... RIP a beautiful IP.

Reactions: Onepunchbruh

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of two things right now.

1. This is going to be apart of this "huge" My Nintendo Reward that grants you some "crrraazyyy" super point advantage thing

2. Nintendo trying to make money :(.

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You guy's worry too much, this game is just a thing "to investors see". Nintendo probably didn't spend anything but time on this, graphics and sound was from previous games and they already have the programmers for both Android and iOS platforms from MiiTomo.

This is a win-win situation for Nintendo, it's obvious that Apple paid for the launch exclusivity and any money they make on this will be profit.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boo!^

I'll wait until it actually comes out, to see how successful it is.

See. Android.
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/773579467331608576

Miyamoto said the game will be single price. No IAP's. I expect it to be $4.99 or less. Probably less ($2.99)...

-v
It is going to at least be ~$5.

Really? IMO the majority would be quite surprised if/when they would find out their game console is running iOS. (Where's the App Store? And the SIM card slot?)
Yeah, no. Honestly, I don't want IOS anywhere near Nintendo.

Since we are talking crazy, App Store and Sim card will be there too. :P

Last edited by KingVamp,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I don't understand why not Android? Especially when Miitomo and Pokémon Go supported both Android/IOS.

Well at least they can't fault me for not supporting a game on a device I don't own. My hands are clean on this one.
Nintendo has gotten with the times, least with smartphone business so if anything, this is a timed-exclusive which means it'll eventually be on Android. Heh, I almost forgot that Windows Phone exists because it's all about Androids and iPhones. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp