(Update) ReiNX dirty build with firmware 8.0.0 support now available for download

reinx-png.161168

A new ReiNX build with firmware 8.0.0 support has just been posted on ReiSwitched's Discord server by @Reisyukaku. Aside from the aforementioned feature, updated system modules and signature patches are also included.

The build has been described as "dirty", which means it's primarily targeted torwards people who want to stay on the bleeding edge or play around with the CFW on the Switch's latest official firmware, as well as showcasing the result of team's latest efforts. It's possible it contains bugs and unexpected issues. As such, the average user is still advised to wait until a stable version is released before updating.

If you want to try it, a download link can be found on ReiSwitched's Discord server or in the sources below.

UPDATE: A new stable version has been released, v2.2, and the source now points to it instead. It's now recommended to install this version instead of the previously released build.

UPDATE 2: A hotfix (v2.2.1) was released for people that had issues with sleepmode on firmware 8.0.X.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GitHub Repo
:arrow: GBAtemp thread

Attachments

• reinx_square.png
    reinx_square.png
    35 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by RattletraPM,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At first I could boot Atmosphere through hekate and make a second boot option for ReiNX. I also have a RCMloader which contains multiple payloads if needed. But for some reason I can't right now. It boot perfect to atmosphere and it also boots to ReiNX CFW but in ReiNX non of my games work. In atmosphere it's no problem. I'm on 8.0.1 so that should also be no problem.

The difference I clearly see is that the sept folder is different. When booting hekate the payload in sept gets temporarely changed to hekate's one so atmosphere is no problem. When injecting the payload of ReiNX or chainload it should use the payload in sept as is. Looks like no issue because I see splash or ReiNX and comes in HOS with 8.0.1 REINX as firmware info. But for some reason the games won't start, look like patches issue.

Other thing is that the sept folder differs from reinx if you compare to atmospere. The other three files are smaller in size when using them of atmosphere. Could that be the problem? I don't want to screw atmosphere up.

You can't dual boot atmo and reinx now as far as I'm aware due to how sept works loading the payload.bin

The patch issue is known and is been looked into.. Best place for up to date info is the discord though

znikomek

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
I have firmware 6.2 and I use ReiNX. I have some nsp installed.
Will I get a ban when i turn off console - exit ReiNX - and update software officially?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, a mixture of that and herbert the pervert