235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't see the point of them bluffing like that. All that would do is make people buy new systems if they wanna go online, or pirate more than before, or bypass the ban. If anything it would ENCOURAGE the use of CFW. I honestly can't say why you were unbanned, but its nothing shy of a miracle. I'm involved in multiple ban discords and I've never EVER heard of someone's ban being lifted before. Maybe its possible that whoever banned you made a mistake, and that's why the first guy said it was temporary? Or maybe they got you for something else related to unauthorized software? Do you have / use a flashcart? People with those have received temp bans in the past. Either way, I would count your blessings and not get people's hope up until its confirmed.

Probably? Though to be perfectly honest, no one has a clue for sure.

TinchoX likes this.
  2. jupitteer

jupitteer coke gaming

Antarctica
    I wouldn't worry about being banned at this point. No new bans have been issued.

3. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    I didn't use flashcarts on that console, I used CFW, they said multiple times it was banned due to "use of unauthorized software," they talked up the permaban like it was the updated support page for the 002-0102 warning, where you can't request for the ban to be reversed. I'm not necessarily saying for sure that the ban is temporary universally, I just assumed it would be because I don't see how I was a special case other than being banned 2 days before the banwave started. My second console was banned 10 days ago, which points more to it being an individual case, though I did the exact same things on that console as well. All I run is FBI, NTR CFW, InputRedirectionNTR, CIA versions of Pokemon games, the banned console in particular has XY/ORAS installed, dumped from my own legit carts. FBI is universally used for one, I used freeshop for literally a cup of coffee last year, yet people who use it religiously have not been banned. My CFW usage is not too unlike others, I get the ban, like others, but I got unbanned this week. Yes I'm considering it a miracle, but I'm also considering it to be a sign that others will be unbanned. The difference between this and the SuMo Banwave is that they never went public with this. In the SuMo Banwave, various video game news sites, Kotaku, IGN, Polygon, whatever, all reported about said banwave, Nintendo made a public statement about that as well. Here, none of that, it could, I'm not saying it does, but it could mean that this is temporary, a case of them changing their minds some time during the 28 days in my case. This same console was previously banned for 30 days, maybe 28, I can't remember which, on December 2016-January '17, and that was for sure temporary according to multiple phone calls I made to them, and involved flashcart misuse on my end (Gateway). I'm still invested in this since my other console got hit with a ban, that I want to believe this isn't a one-off miracle and my second console would get the same treatment. It remains to be seen.

4. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Argentina
    Just an update:
    o3DS is not banned yet.
    N3DS is still banned (and will probably stay like that forever)

hurrz, Alex1234 and aldo220 like this.
  5. Marcos30df

Marcos30df Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Maybe this ban is permanent, 28 days ago that was banned N3DSXL: B9S - Luma 8.0 - SysNAND 11.4.0-37U

6. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    Yeah I disappointed myself with that. I guess it just proves my "unauthorized software" bouts are rather different, I figure the fact that my consoles were banned in times differing from others was just nothing to take seriously.

Alex1234 likes this.
  7. Chaos33

Chaos33 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think there is a possibility which I have thought of, that is "Everyone was flagged for a particular reason which is someone for editing saves others for Using StreetPass/Spotpass or for any other online service but only one particular reason" I can conclude this because I have an N3DS XL and a 2DS and have edited save of OR on 2DS (which I played online for 3 to 4 min and then started wonder trade and boom! CFW Ban Error) which was banned but the N3DS has still not been banned with all features that 3ds.guide listed being turned off! Though i unbanned the 2DS with the public seed provided on Choas site

Marcos30df likes this.
  8. gui710

gui710 GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Well, i'd say that the ban wave ain't over. A friend of mine just got banned (002-0102), I might just give him my LocalFriendcodeSeed_B what do you guys think?

9. F3NR1S

F3NR1S Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My O3DS isn't banned and I have used edited save data while spotpass was on

10. MagicKnight

MagicKnight Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I think that giving your SeedB to him you'll be banned too :rolleyes:

The banwave IS NOT OVER and never will... we don't know what triggers the ban and most of all we don't know how long it takes to Nintendo to detect it, maybe you are banned (due to the logs Nintendo already received from your console) but they haven't analyzed them... yet.

11. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Maniac

Went to check my friend list out of panic. Still unbanned after using a private LFCS ^^U

So far i'm still good. Wifi out while using homebrew apps, freeshop out and all that. Maybe the worst thing to do is unban right after discovering you're banned.

Also, maybe your friend did anything else lately? It may be related to pokemon, since a new tournament is now up and running. We should keep our eyes peeled.

Chaos33 likes this.
  12. niels234

niels234 Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Can you still activate apps like CIAngel and homebrew without getting banned?

13. gui710

gui710 GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Well, maybe but if giving him my SeedB will get me banned then what should i do?

14. F3NR1S

F3NR1S Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been using both recently and haven't been banned (yet)

15. Osakasan

Osakasan GBAtemp Maniac

I wouldn't risk, guys, seriously.

16. NeonNinjaCat

NeonNinjaCat Member
    Newcomer

United States
    just checked i got hit

17. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

United States
    was about a 100 pages back since I checked, still nothing new with this I assume?

18. CyberMario

CyberMario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I am NOT BANNED.
    YET:
    • I have SpotPass turned ON
    • I use the latest firmware and use the latest Luma
    • Was on A9LH before and after the ban, currently on B9S and still NOT banned
    • Used ALL Homebrew titles such as FBI, HBL, Luma Updater, and freeShop
    • I have modified my saves EXCEPT FOR POKEMON OMEGA/ALPHA+SUN/MOON
    • I have done a system transfer. But it is from one stock 3DS to another stock 3DSXL. Then from stock 3DSXL to stock n3DSXL. Then hacked.
    • I have NOT cleaned my activity log.
    I have EVERY reason to be banned. Yet, I can still access everything on my friend's list.
    I am 90% positive that the ban is correlated to Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Monster Hunter. As I rarely play those games and haven't touched their saves. If it's not those games, then it has to be from system transfers or a previous ban from ban evasion.

19. NGamerCole

NGamerCole Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Quick question, I would like to do the freeshop on my sister's 3DS, install some different Zelda games on it and then uninstall all the different Homebrew/modding stuff after. Would her 3DS still get banned afterwards if I did that?

20. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

I primarily use my banned 3DS for homebrew, region-locked games and to have n3DS advantages on my old 3DS games but I figured it was a bad idea to make a system transfer the day I got it, so I still have my old 3DS unbanned but it really sucks because I did regularly play online and I copied all my saved games from o3DS games to the n3DS and got the same games I owned via Freeshop. I'm sometimes really close to taking the plunge and unban my n3DS with the local friend code seed of my o3DS but I just can't risk letting my real NNID that I have spent thousand dollars on or so be permabanned and it's linked to my Wii U too. Speaking of which, I have CFW installed on my Wii U and I'm very afraid it's going to ban my NNID some day after all this has happened.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE