UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chary, May 25, 2017.

?
  1. Have you ever used a save editor?

235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    Just a quick question, please no one rage at me;

I just bought a used Pokemon Sun copy from GameStop and I hope to go to VGC this summer. If I'm getting an UNHACKED N3DS in a few weeks, can it hurt to play through the game on my 3DS with Luma+A9LH? I do not want to get banned from VGC, I will not be using any cheats in the playthrough if it matters.

If it helps, it's a premier tournament in Port Huron.

2. ShadowEO

ShadowEO GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    Now see, this is constructive :) I unfortunately am simply observing, proposing theories and keeping the thread on track in between my IT work, so I'm afraid I don't really have the time to make said poll. But this is exactly what we've been saying is needed. Ofc answers should be as non-identifying as possible (no usernames, no names, no FCs, etc) to protect them from being hit by Ninty's Banhammer, anyone who would put those into a survey is asking for it to be avoided.

3. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    Basically we would be better off comparing activity log data dumps if it was possible. We would need exact info in order to correctly narrow down the possibilities and it might still include some kind of randomness and I don't think that any poll or person can provide the right info..

4. Razaele

Razaele Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2016
    My sister and I are living faraway from each other right now. That's the only difference I can think of right now. :(

5. angelus kun

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    I think nintendo its mad because they cant stop freeshop at all and then someone took the suorce code And make a new versión of it

6. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    The game itself can't get banned.

7. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Apr 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Yes Indeed it means yelling or denoting something of importance/meaning in the internet, my bad~ I tend to use caps on keywords and/or phrases a lot .

8. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    United States
    Thank you then. :)

9. Gerhard

Gerhard Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    Mexico
    There's literally no point in polling unbanned people and it would only make data collection less reliable. We don't know if they are truly unbanned or still flagged by the system somehow, so trying to draw conclusions from that kind of data is stupid.

BL4Z3D247 and Quantumcat like this.
  10. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    There would be a point and it wouldn't make it less reliable. We can prove not being unbanned and we don't know how Nintendo's flagging system works.
    Both sides have to be taken into account if you want to prove that X is causing something.

Suji_Pyo likes this.
  11. KreyolSwa

KreyolSwa Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    United States
    Palm of your hand
    Even with this ban, local wireless would still function, correct?

12. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Did you remeber what tittles did you installed after setting up your cfw ? Maybe that will give us an idea.

13. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Yes. Local Wireless and offline play isn't affected at all - only online play is.

nitroBW likes this.
  14. IcyFire

IcyFire Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2006
    Yes.

15. mercenary96

mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    Yes, it is really hard to do a good poll/survey that tells you what you want to know in the end, but it can be really powerful if you do it right. Its a full time job job in a lot of companies, where you highly depend on data. If we could get some nicely formated activity logs, this would be easier of course, but i don't think that we have that option.

16. Gerhard

Gerhard Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    Mexico
    And again, that's stupid. It's stupid because we have no possible way to know if not being banned equals not being flagged for a ban. The only thing we can know for certain comes from the systems that DID get banned. I know you are fancying yourself as piecing this mystery together and collecting data but this argument is silly.

dinoson631 likes this.
  17. Leooogamer

Leooogamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2016
    Brazil
    have someone unban themselves, did they got banned again?

18. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Other posible thing is that Nintendo want to bans user randomly (cfw and homebrew users) so that is why we no see any correlation between user and app used, part of a plan to make harder find with the flag system.

19. whostolemywaffle

whostolemywaffle GBAtemp Fan

Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    Can anyone explain why I'm not banned xD? I have Hacked letters on my mini on the friends list and I have mods for every 22 games and I have been playing for 5 days XD

20. IdontspeakeEnglish

IdontspeakeEnglish Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    Serbia, Republic of
    Russia, Nizhniy Novgorod
    Try to appeal in support of nintendo.)))

21. nitroBW

nitroBW warum nicht?

Nov 1, 2016
    Germany
    donut piss wasteland
    I could care less about me making that long ass post, everyone on our discord could've made that.

We wouldn't even be able to properly analyse data without knowing how many people were unbanned. You can try if you want, use the poll data, and remove the amount of unbanned people from the first 3 questions, as they weren't allowed to answer the following ones. If you think that this will lead to better results, feel free to do so, here is a table of the poll results: https://mega.nz/#!Dkkj0bJI!GBW12aQFP-nFV_j80gWvwwd0XactCvnpIZeAQokCW2Q feel free to explain how not including them would actually be a better idea, so far you only made a statement without backing it up.

Last edited by nitroBW, May 29, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted