235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Razaele

Razaele Member
    Newcomer

I did not mean "banned by playing a game too much", I agree that it would be silly. What I mean is, the time we spend playing with our 3DS before the ban is issued, despite the game titles being legit or not, nor the time we spent on a game. (I'm sorry if I am not making much sense.)

As in our situation, my sister did not played with her 3DS shall we say this month and she just used her 3DS for the sole purpose of upgrading to B9S. While in my situation, I am playing with it and I did update it to B9S. Maybe, just maybe, it contributes as a "determinant" for us to be banned?

2. Tokita

Tokita Member
    Newcomer

Colombia
    I don't think so.

there's people unbanning themselves since day one of the banwave and they where not banned again.

3. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, I've summed up most of the possibilities mentioned in the board and put them into a Google Forms. Please answer this and I will give access to the answers to the main contributors to the thread. Thank you. :)

https://goo.gl/forms/2SY9RUT1xrqNYzV73

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Guys, just saying, I hope you know that very well kids are viewing this board. I know I, as well as them and their parents, would appreciate us not swearing. I know tensions are high with the bans, and I get that, but could we please monitor our language?

Suji_Pyo likes this.
  4. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Which is curious, does that mean Nintendo aren't looking into more people? and the bans that went out over days where just a list of people to hit.

Or is it something silly like they banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B and MAC Address/Console Serial or something and once that has happened they aren't checking those MAC Addresses again? so you are some what safe with a new LocalFriendCodeSeed_B?

Really should check if any of my devices got hit... but until I actually want to play online which really isn't often I'll hold out till we know what triggered it all.

5. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Well, I played dozens of hours on my 3DS after I jailbroke it with EmuNAND and I didn't get banned.

I also still don't frankly see why that'd be a factor.

6. ItShoto

ItShoto Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Assuming you're below 11.4, you can easily get CFW with a 4 GB SD card and a pc. Otherwise, you need to trust your soldering skills or buy another 3DS (preferably a 2DS)

7. Adrot

Adrot Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    It's not the hardest ban they could throw out, the irony of the fact they restrict you to buy from the eShop is kinda funny, but there are people who wouldn't care. They would come only for the free games...

8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    There's no guarantee there's no correlation between bans. Read my type up of statics from Aurora's poll. Almost everyone who was banned had homebrew installed to the home menu.

9. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, stupid person here;

Does anyone know how you can limit a question on Google Forms to only show when you get a certain response on the previous question? Example;

Did you use NTR?
    Yes
    No

Okay, so you used NTR. How long ago?
    1-3 days
    ETC

10. skapista

skapista Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    we need to know what days banned people had WiFi ON/InternetConectivity in a (3?) months window.

i am not banned yet, but i havent been Online for about 2 months, just daily checking since the banwave started

11. Leooogamer

Leooogamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    still i should wait for us to get more precise answers on what is causing the bans right? don't want to waste my one good friendcodeseed

12. sleepymanakete

sleepymanakete GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you're able to go on eshop if you get banned.

13. Adrot

Adrot Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Ah yeah, I mispelled that. Silly me...

14. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you to all the responses we are getting on the form! Anyone who wants the results (as of now), please PM me and I will give them to you.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  15. Piomasaki

Piomasaki Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok late comer, I just noticed today I had the ban message on my friends list which I found, oddly, going into it to turn off showing what I'm playing, go figure. Went home, checked my son's 2DS, not banned, so here goes:

New 3DSXL, BS9, 11.4, spotpass all on, friends list all on, freeshop, fbi, themely, custom theme etc. CIA's installed, minor online gaming, as in 10 matches in smash Bros, nothing else online. Last time it was played online was probably 5 or so days ago, sometime before Saturday for sure, maybe Thursday? No mods. System gets used daily, just not online. Never played Pokemon or FE.

2DS a9lh, 11.4, spotpass all on friends all on, never used to play online, last time was months ago when my son didn't know he could play SSIV and be challenged online, wireless always on. Freeshop, fbi, etc installed, MK7 legit others CIAs. Was played yesterday, been a few days before that, last week some time. Around the same time I last played smash online on my 3DS. Played Pokemon for a few minutes like a year ago, he never got into it. FE was played for a little while as well, again months ago. He mostly just plays yokai watch and occasionally smash Brothers against cpu.

My mom also has a N3DSXL on BS9 that's most likely never been played online, and has no friends list at all, I'll check it when I can.

My particular unit came from Walmart as a birthday present earlier this month so I may just see if I can exchange it, unfortunately I have a skin and screen protectors on it so I may not. No online isn't a deal breaker for me in the end, local is good enough. If it becomes a permanent ban and I need to play online I may use the 2DS.

Suji_Pyo likes this.
  16. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    A lot of banned people haven't ever used NTR.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I can take a look shortly if you PM them. I did a quick type up of Aurora's poll results as of yesterday. So I can take a look at your results

17. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

United Kingdom
    Guys don't message the creator of this thread there isn't anything they can do if you are banned and if you are messaging them to tell them you are banned you are messaging the wrong person

18. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'm banned in my new 3ds 11.4 with luma 7.05 and A9LH.

Never installed freeshop or a non legit game. Just use for homebrew games and backup my saves. I don't play online for weeks. Recently I used homepass relay. Spotpass on and show to my friend what I'm playing on.

19. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Hong Kong
    Should I inject a public LFCS as a preventive measure if mine hasn't been banned yet?

20. NDTube04

NDTube04 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It's up to you. If it were me, I'd leave my LFCS unmodified just to not raise any flags for Ninty when you go back onto the internet.

DrkBeam likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE