235 vote(s)
    29.7%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

259 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

123 vote(s)
    15.5%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

50 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. 791 voter(s)
  1. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's is to protect their right to ban you for breaking the rules without having to tell you which one you broke. That's all. It's to prevent a lawsuit from a hacker getting banned for something they know is a toss violation, but don't care to dig into it to detail the reason and not get sued

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

United States
    Point I was making is that, the company (many) reserve the right to relinquish their service at any time, whether you broke ToS or not. It's not solely reserved for those that do break it.

3. Seelenamt

Seelenamt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    My N3DSXL has currently not been banned- going to leave the information here in case anyone finds it useful
    Have played FEE:SoV, last on the 19th.

Installed B9S and Luma on the 20th; prior to that I had been on 11.3 with only soundhax on this 3DS, but I had been using ctr-httpwn for online in FE:fates

Went online on the 21st at some point in Pokemon Moon to get the mega stones from mystery gift; then I went online to claim the festival points for the global mission that ended earlier this month.

I had title status thing in the friends list on; which I have now disabled. Spotpass info sharing was already off.

No custom themes or badges installed, though I do have themely. Don't have any pirated CIAs or homebrewed games. I've not done any save editing or cheating in any games either.

I've not done much with CFW yet except test out kitkat and BootNTR selector, use GM9 to dump a few carts and NAND, and JKSM to backup a handful of saves.

I briefly went online just to check if I had been banned (checked friends list and PGL in Pokemon Moon) although I only did so after disabling title sharing and checking spotpass info sharing.

EDIT: Also, never used Freeshop

Last edited by Seelenamt, May 25, 2017
    TiredKorok likes this.
  4. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Spain
    So you're meaning if I create my own company I can ban anyone because I don't like them?

5. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Australia
    I'm sorry to hear that. It seems very strange that some people who use FreeShop regularly and go online often didn't get banned whereas some people who don't use FreeShop and rarely went online got banned.

6. Majickhat55

United States
    Obviously you're not grasping what I'm trying to say Lol..... I know why the ToS exists, I know how it works. I also know that it doesn't protect legit consumers". That's what I'm talking about.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If it's in your ToS like Nintendo's, and they hit "agree" then yes.

Seelenamt likes this.
  7. Slattz

Slattz Easygoing Fairy

Ireland
    btw (idk if this has been said or not as I haven't read the whole thread) but because I was using the same LFCS as about 1000 other people (because of the SuMo ban) and if one person got it banned, we all got banned lol
    So I got banned in EUR but it might be because of someone in the USA that nintendo banned but as a byproduct, all of us using the public LFCS got banned too.

So maybe a 'have you used the public lfcs' question should be added to the form or something.

TiredKorok likes this.
  8. THEELEMENTKH

Spain
    Nah don't worry, I do have b9s installed so maybe that's the reason why
    But I have some friends that I can only play online with and that bothers me a lot because I won't be able to play with them (and my horrendous LAG)

Xiphiidae likes this.
  9. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Netherlands
    EUR console here to with a ban, only difference from before the ban is use of freeshop, ban is only for nintendo games/services, atlus and such still have internet usage.

Edit: forgot to mention menuhax CFW luma3ds 11.4

Last edited by Greymane, May 25, 2017
    Sophie-bear likes this.
  10. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Have there been people banned while using A9LH?

11. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

Pakistan
    Does this ban also occurs with gateway patched games? Like if I play pokemon game online using my other game header. Will I be safe doing that or not?

12. Damon_girl

Damon_girl GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    N3DS on 11.4 here with B9S installed. I use Freeshop and cheats for some of the games I have. Not banned.

13. A Plus Ric

A Plus Ric GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Name 1 time you have ever seen proven that someone was banned for no reason. It doesn't happen. It is their online service, their rules. You choose to use it. Follow their rules, also understand it's a privilege not a right to use. Hence it is theirs. I dunno why you want to use this as a reason to bash them. If they ever banned someone for no reason that's fine, but anyone I have ever seen banned, had cfw, or played a pirated game early and tried to go online, or cheated, or used something to modify the game. Get off the Hate on them saving their ass in their to prevent thesethings from happening to their product.

14. THEELEMENTKH

Spain
    Ok then, brb making my own ToS with the line "We will ban you for no reason if we're on a bad mood that day and we feel like it" :P

15. Majickhat55

United States
    Question anyone get banned that didn't have an NNID linked? Perhaps Nintendo did what they could have done long ago and checked your installed tickets against your purchase history. If there were mismatches = BAN. They could have done this a million years ago to ban anyone using CFW.

16. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

United States
    I went online with Gateway on a Sun game, same time, same private header with my Sun cart, got banned in December of last year, so you're playing with fire there.

17. TiredKorok

TiredKorok Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    to be fair they may just be willing to take the loss of those who havent been *pirating to ban the majority of those hit who have hacked their system at least partially for piracy which isn't a totally awful idea for them if they really see us as that harmful

edit: to clarify

Last edited by TiredKorok, May 25, 2017
  18. Majickhat55

United States
    Just hope people don't read it before they sign it, like we all do......... Has anyone ever read an entire contract before signing it? Probably not.

Deleted User and THEELEMENTKH like this.
  19. KiraBlaize

KiraBlaize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Just noticed I was banned. The biggest thing I've done was switch to B9S. I haven't gone online with my system in about a month.

Sophie-bear likes this.
  20. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

Pakistan
    You might have used cheats right?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Regarding, banwave, UPDATE