UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Chary, May 25, 2017.

?
  1. Have you ever used a save editor?

235 vote(s)
    29.9%
  2. Have you NEVER used a save editor?

123 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Did you have spot pass turned on?

258 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. Is your console linked to an NNID, and you were banned?

120 vote(s)
    15.3%
  5. Is your console NOT linked to an NNID and you were banned?

49 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. EmulatorLover

EmulatorLover 3ds master race

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Anywhere ;)
    we should've dropped a third nuke

IcyFire likes this.
  2. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Might not be likely, I'm just guessing this might be how it goes:
    your 3ds: hey nintendo give me a seed
    nintendo: ok (generates one on their server) here you go
    your 3ds: thanks fam, I didn't have to work!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

by banning every possible seed

3. ItShoto

ItShoto Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    Canada
    Well, people have been saying that you can inject an unbanned seed that will let you go back online. But what about injecting a BANNED seed that would keep you banned, but you can still use freeshop and eshop freely. There might not seem to be a point, but it lets you use your system semi-freely without worrying about getting banned

4. TheProdigy972

TheProdigy972 Super Smash Bros. Fanatic

Oct 1, 2016
    Canada
    Onett
    "This isn't easy to say, but...
    Every puzzle has an answer"

froggestspirit likes this.
  5. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    Is there a way to extract the local friendseed thing that you need to unban a 3ds from another 3ds which is (somewhat modded)? It hasn't been touched since the rxtools days, although the firmware is somewhat recent.
    Also, if my 3ds was in sleep mode or turned off from these past few days, would I be fine? Haven't opened it recently.

I wonder if we could find a way to generate these keys at some point.

Last edited by TimX24968B, May 26, 2017
  6. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Apr 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Uhh... isn't that the equivalent of going around with a fake ID and you trying to convince the cops you are that person who looks awful different than you?

Now where have I read that before...

7. DashAhead

DashAhead GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2016
    United States
    As long as you have access to Decrypt9 on an 3ds that hasn't been banned you can extract the friendcode. I advise waiting until this ban wave blows off before doing that, however.
    Don't think your 3ds being off would change anything, as I'd bet Nintendo has been flagging consoles for weeks.

TinchoX likes this.
  8. Pyra

Pyra GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    That's more of the equivelant of using an ID of a criminal who hasn't been caught yet.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Veranek likes this.
  9. Xellos Metallium

Xellos Metallium Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    less than millions will file a complaint

10. TimX24968B

TimX24968B "That guy"

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Nowhere
    does the homebrew launcher method of launching decrypt9 work? I don't feel like rehauling the hacks on that system.

11. mercenary96

mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Berlin
    Did the people that get banned have purchases on the eshop? There is no clear idea yet, but maybe they were after banning people that dont generate them any money and they did not ban people that bought some games at least, because they are more likely to get a new 2DS now and buy some legit games again. Also what happens if you have a banned 3DS with some nice bought games? Can you get another 3ds and simply transfer over the legit games, without risking to copy over the ban?

Last edited by mercenary96, May 26, 2017
    TinchoX likes this.
  12. DashAhead

May 23, 2016
    United States
    If your legit purchases are connected to your NNID, then I think you should be able to re-download them on a new console. This ban is connected to the device, not the NNID. Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. MollyChan

MollyChan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2016
    Canada
    Just wondering, if one were to use both FBI and that Cthulhu (or whatever) program to erase all traces of other homebrew programs from their banned 3DS (INCLUDING in the Activity Log and such), installed a friendcode seed thing from an unbanned 3DS and then QUICKLY removed both FBI and Cthulhu (+ the programs used to install the friendcode seed if there are any) and removed CFW BEFORE the 3DS manages to send any info to Nintendo servers, would that work for a permanent unban? (with the side effect of losing CFW and Homebrew, of course)

I'm not sure how one would be able to accurately gauge when the 3DS sends whatever data to Nintendo that they may be using to ban consoles, and I'm not entirely clear on how one is supposed to remove CFW in the first place anyway, but it's just a thought

14. BedrockSolid

BedrockSolid Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys, is it worth testing to see if I'm banned? I haven't upgraded to b9s yet and I'm still on a9lh.

15. TinchoX

TinchoX Azure Flame Kite

Apr 18, 2015
    Argentina
    Yes, I have a few.

16. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Well with people talking about losing Bank access, including me, they are certainly not targeting only people that didn't give them money through e-shop. Not only that, but of course DSiWare in Fieldrunners, Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Dream Radar, my banned console poured the most money, also Smash DLC...yeah.

17. Frezgle

Frezgle GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2016
    United States
    This ban is a ban ONLY from online services EXCLUDING the eshop. You can still buy from the eshop. I highly doubt it's a money issue.

mercenary96 likes this.
  18. zombigrn

zombigrn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2016
    United States
    You might as well just use a new 3ds

mercenary96 likes this.
  19. DashAhead

May 23, 2016
    United States
    What you're talking about may act as preventative measures, but a flagged console would likely remain flagged even if you erased all traces of homebrew.

I also think that when you inject a different LFCS_B, you aren't really removing the ban - it's more of a bypass if anything.

Last edited by DashAhead, May 26, 2017
  20. ItShoto

ItShoto Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2017
    Canada
    I don't believe they log everything. Currently, there's a method to unban yourself by injecting an unbanned seed, but injecting a banned seed... What can Nintendo do? You're already banned, but saving your old seed means you can inject back
    I apologize if you're a bit annoyed by my comments. I'm thinking it as more like using a dead person as a shield instead of living person. Dead person as in the public banned seed, and the living as your unbanned seed.

Last edited by ItShoto, May 26, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted