OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone! :)

Someone offer me a 3ds and I've a question:

She is in 4.1.0. Do I need to update my firmware before buy a gateway 3ds?

Because I know the linker does not functioning in some recent firmwares so.. What should I do before buy the linker? ^^

(I know the firmware 7.2.0 is needed to run pokemon saphir alpha so I don't know.. :/)

Thanks! :)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just read that :

Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! This only happens when shutting the lid while the device is on; this does not apply to turning the device off. The device only enters sleep mode when the lid is closed. It is not on a timer or anything like that. Once on 2.1.0, you should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!

Seems a pretty big flaw :o

Or is it just during the installation? (haven't finished to read the full guide yet).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or is it just during the installation? (haven't finished to read the full guide yet).
First, that's only for the new 3DS. Second, you will only be on version 2.1 for a very limited amount of time. By the end of the guide, you will no longer be on 2.1, and that risk will be gone.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just read that :

What part of "New" and "ON 2.1" you don't understand? Of course after installing A9LH you go to 11.3 by restoring your NAND and then updating the system .. And it's not a flaw within the CFW, there's nothing that can be done because 2.1 firmware doesn't exist for New 3DS. The fact that it even works at all on New 3DS is a miracle.

Reactions: Quantumcat

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Distrance: Hey, I said I haven't finished yet to read the guide so I couldn't know if the N3DS would stay in 2.1 or not (like the Gateway which often keep he original firmware version). Just asked to see if it was interesting to keep reading it or not.

@Lacius : Thanks for the info.

Last edited by davhuit,

mohdsaher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trust me installing a9lh is fun after you get done with the installation. i just installed suma hacks with bootntr and it is FUN I can finally get a wild encounter randomizer without having to go through the trouble of doing it the old way:)

Last edited by mohdsaher,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Distrance: Hey, I said I haven't finished yet to read the guide so I couldn't know if the N3DS would stay in 2.1 or not (like the Gateway which often keep he original firmware version). Just asked to see if it was interesting to keep reading it or not.

@Lacius : Thanks for the info.

Scaring the new guy who doesn't know anything about CFW by posting some "flaws" you find while admitting that you in fact, don't know what you're talking about is never smart. What good will it do if you scare him away from modding his console by speculating about "flaws" in the guide (where none exist).

Reactions: Xiphiidae

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Scaring the new guy who doesn't know anything about CFW by posting some "flaws" you find while admitting that you in fact, don't know what you're talking about is never smart. What good will it do if you scare him away from modding his console by speculating about "flaws" in the guide (where none exist).

It wasn't to scare him at all, we don't even know if he has a N3DS. I was asking for myself, as I have a N3DS (and has I often use the sleep feature).

I used the word "seems", which is not an affirmation, not to mention I asked for confirmation just after (because it seemed pretty weird to me that lot of people would use it if the problem would still exist after the end of the installation).

I finished to read the guide and though it mention to update just after, it's never mentionned this problem only happen on 2.1 so seemed normal to ask for confirmation (even if it's precised that putting a N3DS on 2.1 cause this problem, it would be better if the guide would double confirm it only happen while the system is on 2.1).

Last edited by davhuit,

Eddie McArdle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to always use Sky3ds+ and was afraid of custom firmware (until many people here 'nagged' me that it was better which i'm thankful for!) ;)

Just follow every step in 3ds.guide as it says, and you will have your 3ds CFW in about an hour, very easily. I know nothing about this stuff and it was easy for me. After that, you can just install 'freeshop' and whatever else for free games :)

The_DarkDoctor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, you can't play 3ds games like pokémon saphir alpha ?

If I need to buy a sky 3ds, it's not a problem, just tell me what I need to do :)

Eddie McArdle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, you can't play 3ds games like pokémon saphir alpha ?

If I need to buy a sky 3ds, it's not a problem, just tell me what I need to do :)

Nooo you dont need a sky3ds all you need is a 3ds, a laptop and an SD card. Just follow 3ds.guide and it'll tell you everything you need to do to get CFW :)[/QUOTE]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill