Update nag on 2DS after 10.3 update...

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Reynard, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Reynard
    OP

Reynard Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2016
    United States
    I used this guide's (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) instructions to update my 2DS from 6.0 to 10.3 via the cart update instructions. But even though I changed the date and time as instructed in Part 1, I can't use the browser at all, I can't proceed to install A9LH. Attempts to open the browser go immediately to an update nag. What do I do now?

2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    What was your full system version on 6.0? Also, Cart Updates don't update the browser, sounds like you have a dummy browser. You'll need an alternative entry-point in place of Part 1, as explained in Part 1.

3. EliteGamer105

EliteGamer105 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Hmm... I got a 2DS with MK7 bundle and what I did is use Julian's sysUpdater build while on 6.0 sysNAND WITH Pasta CFW (for cia installation patches) to upgrade to 9.2 FW via an update pack and then continue the A9LH process there. You can still downgrade to 9.2 luckily.

Last edited by EliteGamer105, Jun 11, 2016
  4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Does the browser update prompt display with a black screen in the background or can you see the browser in the background?
    If the background is black your firmware probably didn't come with a browser installed so your only way to get homebrew and downgrade at this point would be to use another entrypoint like oothax, ninjhax or freakyhax. Freakyhax is the cheapest (for now) that actually works without requiring another 3DS or a powersaves/savedongle for the install like oothax does.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, the guide covers multiple ways to get to 9.2. He might have followed the one for those that don't have a browser or access to a DS flashcart.
    Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

6. Reynard
    OP

Reynard Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2016
    United States
    The nag is on a black screen - can't see the browser at all. So it look like I'm stuck, since I can't afford Cubic or Freakyforms. Thanks for the responses.

7. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Damn, that sucks. You would have been better off on 6.0.0 and getting a cheap DS flashcart that works on that and using MSET to update to 9.2

Well, what is done is done. Maybe you can look into oot3dhax+powersaves.

8. EliteGamer105

EliteGamer105 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2014
    United States
    boot.firm, New Jersey
    Yeah. I didn't use the browser or any flashcart. I had a bit of trouble upgrading my 2DS to 9.2, then figured out how to do it on my own. Oops. Meant to reply to Temptress. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by EliteGamer105, Jun 11, 2016