Hacking Update from Team Cyclops!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're a bit late with the DSi cart.

It better be one hell of a cart if it's gonna compete with the DS2 with Team Cyclops prices.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least we can assume the build quality is good.....and team cyclops was really good with their updates for a while, always one of the first to patch for a new game, I would assume the lack of support recently is due to them preparing for the launch of the new flashcart.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i like it

im definitely getting one, if it has new features

i predict there new feature would be
Real Time Youtube
so you can watch youtube walkthroughs during gameplay
smileipb2.png

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, EVEN if it could do all the things as the DSTWO just as good, what are people going to want to pay for this late in the DS's life. A 35 dollar cart that basically plays any games instantaneously as soon as it's dumped, has GBA and SNES and RTS and RTC. Or for a card [i'm assuming here based on the CycloDS] that's 50 bucks that can do all of that?

And with the price of flashcarts being cheap these days, they would be stupid to make it so expensive like the CycloDS. Especially when the 3DS is a few months away.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Okay, EVEN if it could do all the things as the DSTWO just as good, what are people going to want to pay for this late in the DS's life. A 35 dollar cart that basically plays any games instantaneously as soon as it's dumped, has GBA and SNES and RTS and RTC. Or for a card [i'm assuming here based on the CycloDS] that's 50 bucks that can do all of that?

And with the price of flashcarts being cheap these days, they would be stupid to make it so expensive like the CycloDS. Especially when the 3DS is a few months away.

If the price of the cycloDS is still at $45 and up than I suspect this new cart will be around $60 or something

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The back of the box looks photoshopped to me. Check out the bold lowercase "i" character and how it relates to other text in the image, notice the "i" (which is the focus) is inconsistent even within the two bold lines. It's color is slightly darker than the other bold stuff as well. Letting JPEG compression do it's work is a fine way to attempt to cover it, but what they just gave us is a photoshopped mockup.

Now, I'm not doubting that this product exists, I'm just doubting those are the features listed on it, as they just look recycled from the current box.

Pliskron said:
Acekard can't even be bothered to maintain their own firmware
They released a 1.4.1 fix within a day, and they also updated their original firmware for the "bad batch" issue. They just leave game updates to AKAIO.

If this seems stupid to you, remember the phrase "don't reinvent the wheel". Why double effort?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
So from the looks of it, this shall be another Supercard Two clone, but at twice the prices and years too late!
hrth.gif

It's the deal of a lifetime!
I'm glad you can see into the future. The fact is there's been no announcement yet as to features or price so you're just taking out of your ass.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
CycloDS is still a very solid card with a tiny interface and so far the support was always very effective ...since 2007...so don't be rude with random thoughts/supputations. Wait and see for more. It looks like it is just in time for Christmas
toot.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Pliskron said:
Acekard can't even be bothered to maintain their own firmwareThey released a 1.4.1 fix within a day, and they also updated their original firmware for the "bad batch" issue. They just leave game updates to AKAIO.

If this seems stupid to you, remember the phrase "don't reinvent the wheel". Why double effort?

Pay no attention to him, he's bashed like everything from what I read in this thread..

I'm glad you can see into the future. The fact is there's been no announcement yet as to features or price so you're just taking out of your ass.

I'm sure it's better to talk out of one instead of being one, right?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
So from the looks of it, this shall be another Supercard Two clone, but at twice the prices and years too late!
hrth.gif

It's the deal of a lifetime!
And at times, I just feel like being an ass.
happy.gif

From what it looks like, it looks just like another card jumping on the Supercard bandwagon and since it's TC, the card is going to cost way more than any card on the market.
If I am proven wrong though, I will take back what I said and appolgize.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just realized the CycloDS is priced more than the SuperCardDSTWO o_o .
good luck to Team Cyclo if they are gonna be selling it for more than the DSTWO .

i'd get it if it was priced at $25 to $30 but i highly doubt it .

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

So then, considering the Supercard Two was just released what... a couple of months ago then that one is years (minus a couple of months) too late?

Also, if things will go as with the GBA, and they probably will, there will still be plenty of DS games released even after the 3DS.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

So then, considering the Supercard Two was just released what... a couple of months ago then that one is years (minus a couple of months) too late?

Also, if things will go as with the GBA, and they probably will, there will still be plenty of DS games released even after the 3DS.
The Supercard Team on the other hand had a DSi cart long along though.
Indeed, but I still strongly doubt this flashcard they are releasing is going to blow the world away.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems like that they are a bit late. I won´t believe they cracked dsi mode either.

So the price is going to be higher than the dstwo price? LOL Sorry but why would you do that. Most people have a dstwo now, why would they buy a Cyclo? Sorry but I do not believe this is going to be their greatest success. And with the LOVELY 3ds next to us....

if its the most perfect card ever and if the price is lower than dstwo´s, then srry
tongue.gif

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess we will see. I'm still not sure what those features mean and if they are indeed similar to SCDS2.

QUOTE said:
So the price is going to be higher than the dstwo price?

Nothing is known about that yet.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
QUOTE said:

yep there will be plenty of shovelware for the ievolution
and while the dstwo would have probably moved on to the 3DS, the cyclo ievolution will cater to older handheld, just like it's doing now.. with a high price tag

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically if they are trying to beat the DS2, then need to be able to play SNES, GBA games, xvid movies, music files, super fast speed

I dont think they could beat the DS2, but why would you buy this over the ds2 in the first place? And its probebly gonna be pricy again. like the old card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard. More of a pain to jailbreak a ps4 than it is the 360, other than little soldering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Problem is my dick gets in the way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea true, would be a pain having that on your forehead
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The chicks love it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every damn time there's a loud noise dudes car alarm goes off freaking annoying
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Stun gun the metal of the car (door, bumper, etc), you won't hear it again, promise.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    damn accidentally ripped my car cover just now
    happens
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or plant drugs get him evicted
    the one on my other car is all ripped up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not your $400 car cover :ohnoes:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There you go, thinking with your "dickhead"
    some day the wind will blow so hard it'll rip in half
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think in big inches
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @realtimesave Can you sew it back together? Or is it not worth trying.