update from New Super Mario Bros. retail

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ramidavis, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ramidavis
    OP

ramidavis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    I have no idea why i can not get this game to work for me. I have 4.2u, the retail, bought and paid version of the game, dumped from coverfloader r1006, hunted down the patched dol for ntsc, named it SMNE.dol, in /usb-loader/, set the 002 patch, load dol from sd card/usb is selected...game plays great for 5-7 minutes, then i get the 'error, eject and reboot' screen.... And to honest, i am just tired of it all....I used a safe updater to go to 4.2u so i would not loose bootmii, other then that it is a normal 4.2u install, softmodded, cios 249 rev 15.... If i just give in and update, what do i loose? just bootmii? or will it wipe out my hbc and cios too? Using jodi hbc, i should mention. To be honest, the whole reason i went softmod is to preserve my originals, but there are some nice hbc apps that enjoy as well.

So, any one able to tell me why for love of ~!~ i can not get this working, even after following the guides to the letter?
    What is it wanting to update, kill my bootmii?
    Only other thing i can think of is it is seeing my custom mios that i am using becuase of gcn backups....
    Help [​IMG]

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it only has 4.1 and use a usb loader to play it. usb loader gx can play it now without patching it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice